Virgin virgin no more…

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Hi all!

Firstly I need to make something perfectly, categorically clear.

1) I am not have never been and find it fairly unpleasant that some of you think I am merely Vintage Krug by another name. You could not be further from the truth and I find it verging on offensive.
    2) How paranoid can you all get and what does a girl have to do to get credit for being herself?
    3) I really enjoyed our discussions last week but have been in San Francisco having the most marvellous time while debate on my own far from humble existence seemed to occupy some of your minds. 7 hours difference with their summer time already on is too much of gap to sit here arguing with you all.
    4) Well now I’m back. Did I enjoy Virgin?

a) When the flights were booked we were told that PE was on the top deck. It seems they only use configuration 4 on the SFO route for 747’s and PE is in fact across the wing section so the seats we believed we had reserved were not upstairs at all. Did I make a fuss? Did I demand the immediate presence of RB? You bet I did! In the end the plane was far from full and despite the the fact I may sound like I screamed I was all politeness and determination just like mamma taught me, so we got an outbound upgrade, but on the understanding we wouldn’t on the return flight and accepted the PE seats we paid for but window at the front port side.

Now I never flew Virgin before, and despite their initial reluctance, they gave way with good grace because they could I suppose. I have to say I would recommend Upper Class, baby that bar on the outbound is a god send. The cabin crew were marvellous, it was all what I’d expect at that level but not as good as Singapore by a mile and I don’t think it would have been worth the money. Eye of the beholder and all that?

Had a superb business time and meetings, managed to nip down to our house in Belmont after all, only to find it needs underpinning work to the tune of $80k – better get that done before the next 5.0!

PE on the return was surprisingly good, the seats are very comfortable, new and leather, the inflight entertainment is great and the food was about the same inbound as BA would have had from those foul caterers at SFO. I slept most of the way, the staff were as good as I would have hoped.

Would I do it again? Sure. overall rating 8/10.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Glad you had a good experience. Be interested to know who told you Premium was on the Upper Deck on that route. Suprised that they Upgraded you for a plane change as they are within there rights to change plane configurations but you can’t complain with the result!

Will you be using them for future flights to SFO – and did you sort the Flying Co membership?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls