Virgin Downgraded To 3 Star

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cedric – come on, I fly about 20 longhaul sectors a year in business and first – I also fly executive jets – travel is still glamorous (very) – its just the frequency that makes it harder for our bodies and the pre and post airport procedures…

Public transport……………?? Don’t use those words here 🙂 🙂

Have great weekend everyone…

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Martyn

Executive Jets I will give you (envy envy). And, at the other end of the scale, micro-planes (one of my best flights ever was a scheduled service in a 10-seater in which I was the only passenger – I sat alongside the pilot and the view was excellent).

But all the rest? I do stick by my words – and I have sometimes had to remind other posters on the forum that it is indeed public not private transport when they complain about their fellow passengers. One can even meet snoring, boorish behaviour, drunkenness and (once) screaming children in F …

SimonS1
    Participant

Virgin is just another vehicle for the Branson PR machine.

Whatever happened to 4 engines 4 long haul? Or his starting grids? Or the planes that were going to fly on chip fat?

I’ve only used them occasionally (eg Lagos) and found them very ordinary.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I think like many other Virgin promises 4 engines 4 long haul was quietly buried when the A330s were ordered.

To be fair, ETOPS was a whole different ball game when that campaign was around and the vastly superior performance of the A330/777 have done great things.

That said, for over water flights, I still like four engines but then I’m getting old.

LeTigre
    Participant

Well done VK, fell right into the trap…do you read my posts?

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls