Virgin Atlantic’s in-flight service.

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Airpocket
    Participant

My friends have recently complained about the in-flight service on VS. Variously described as “rude”, “uninterested”, and “more interested in themselves than passengers”, I was wondering how BT readers have found VS lately.
    It would certainly be enlightening to know exactly what the selection/recuitment criteria are for in-flight crew. As one of my friends recently remarked, “they seem to hire any bimbo with a pulse as long as she can string together a semi-coherent sentence, has blonde hair, blandly pretty,and a firm pair of t*ts. In other words, a low-rent ‘glamma model’ for the skies”!

Travelcruiser
    Participant

I’ve found very little consistancy in the service offered on VS. Generally when they are good they are very good and when they are bad they are just awful. They used to pride themselves on being the airline for all people in all classes but this is sadly no more. All their efforts go into their Upper Class product and this is normally where you find the best staff and service. I would never travel economy with Virgin. But up front they are excellent.

SOLITAIREPLATINUM
    Participant

I found exactly the same circumstances as JBeaumont.

Sometimes you just love them, but sometimes it is just horrible.
    However, I would not use the word “bimbo” ever to describe an FA. They all have to fulfill government regulations regarding safety training etc- still though a lot of VS crew is fairly young it it seems to me they sometimes lack communication skills.

While Upper Class as a product is very nice, it is not reliable.

FlyingDoc
    Participant

Personally I have found the service in Upper Class unreliable to say the least – cabin crews seem unable to cope with any request out of the ordinary, giving the impression of being hired just for their looks (I agree the are fully trained, but Mr Branson surely dresses them in thin blouses and red high heels….). Although I must admit some flights with Virgin have been good, out of choice I would not fly with them – even when I find the free transfers and the Clubhouses vey good indeed.

r ryan
    Participant

Recently flew HongKong-Sydney in UpperClass. The contrast between the staff in the HKG lounge and cabin crew could not have been more stark. the lounge experience was a delight – it was immaculate, staff friendly and polite, had an excellent meal and very well mixed drinks. then onto the aircraft. boarding was a shamozzle, crew very brisk and bossy.
    they did not want to depart from their schedule – requests were not well received. never got to use the bar as whenever i went there, it was full of crew on the stools blah blahing. lights came on full blast far too early before arrival into sydney, no chance of a sleep in. crew more concernd in getting the service over and done with. it’s a pity – VS do many things very well – I like the equipment, the seat is great; lounges brilliant, but the crew can be snappy

globetraveller360
    Participant

Having used Virgin on many occassions i have to say that the service does depend on which destination you travel to. The New york service was excellent however the Mumbai service was absolute shocking and would not recommend using Virgin to Mumbai. Its a good job Virgin have stopped this route. Jet Airways is a far superior product to Mumbai.

Airpocket
    Participant

I remember the usual Bransonesque fanfare that accompanied the inaugural service to Bombay and the high hopes Virgin no doubt had of the revenue generating potential of the route.But, they just couldn’t hold up in comparison to the other carriers on the LON-BOM route and a humiliating withdrawal was inevitable.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls