Virgin Atlantic to serve Tel Aviv from September

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=918818]Having the plane sat for almost 11 hours does seem a little strange.[/quote]

The schedules change from October 27 as noted in our piece.

They involve a shorter ground stop in TLV and more connecting possibilities at LHR.

From October 27:

London-Tel Aviv VS453 1600-2305
    Tel Aviv-London VS454 0605-0955

Some people have asked me why it’s such an early departure from TLV. But this 0605 hrs return is mainly geared to the needs of connecting travellers.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Thanks Alex.
    My fault for reading your original piece too quickly.
    Agreed the timings from late Oct make more sense for connections at LHR.
    A very early start for travellers from TLV though.
    I wonder how much of a price driven operation this will be given El Al already fly to 10 US destinations.

1 user thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=918961]I wonder how much of a price driven operation this will be given El Al already fly to 10 US destinations.[/quote]

Indeed, It’ll be interesting to see how much it costs to fly VS from JFK to TLV and how little the margin will be between booking LHR & TLV ?

I suspect closer than you’d expect, and I’ve no doubt that if I looked up the fare from EDI via LHR on VS I’d probably be on a par with the ex JFK fare.
    Such is lunacy of airline pricing !!

at 5 hours long, the LCC’s would have to be significantly cheaper for me to torture myself !!

ASK1945
    Participant

From October 27:

London-Tel Aviv VS453 1600-2305
    Tel Aviv-London VS454 0605-0955

Our son frequently (more than once a month) commutes to London from TLV, stops off for business and then flies on to New York. An 0605 start will not cause him a problem and as the office he visits in London is only 15 minutes from LHR, these timings may prove very attractive to him, as he can do the trip in one day. Likewise, the timings of the return would enable a stop-off at his client’s office in London, on his way home, very feasible.

The cost is not an issue. He always travels Business (or First) Class, so has hand baggage only.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Rogerarubin
    Participant

Actually as a regular on the Tel Aviv – uk route, i can say that the times are excellent . if leaving Israel early means you get into London for most of the working day, that is good. Plus, leaving London early afternoon, means you get back to Israel at a civilised time.

Not the customers problem about crew staying over – unless it impacts price, of course!.

Good Luck Virgin.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls