Virgin Atlantic – refused a cup of tea in business class!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 121 total)

• Ekond222
    Participant

…When flying – I prefer coffee – (BA have Nespresso Machines – great when they work…
    …I do like tea, but loose leaf…I’m not a fan of being Tea-bagged…regardless being on a flight or in a restaurant or even at home…

2 users thanked author for this post.

PatJordan
    Participant

[postquote quote=1099875]

Ekond222 you brought a smile to my face…one of the best posts in this thread!!

1 user thanked author for this post.

PatJordan
    Participant

[postquote quote=1099809]

Martyn,

I don’t take sugar in my tea so I’m afraid I can’t give an opinion on this.

However as I take sugar in coffee, if the sugar is cubed it goes in first (especially if it is proper brown cubed sugar): the hot coffee helps it dissolve quicker. This matters if the coffee is an espresso. Now if the sugar is granulated, I add it after the coffee.

And just to add flavour to the discussion (pun most definitely intended) it doesn’t really when one adds granulated sweetener: there’s virtually no difference to the artificial taste.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

All these so-called F class passengers stuffing themselves with sugar to hide the real taste of tea and coffee… I can see why they might, given the horrible efforts offered on some flights, but why make these poor offerings even worse by drowning them with sugar… Makes me wonder if F class passengers are really F-class… LOL

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I was on an Aeroflot flight one time and asked for tea. They gave me some fruit-flavoured nonsense. I complained and asked if they could give me some proper tea. The stewardess shook her head and explained that…… proper tea is theft.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

V droll. Took me about 30 secs before it dawned on me.[postquote quote=1099923]

TupeloKid
    Participant

[postquote quote=1099924]

Oh dear!

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1099875]…When flying – I prefer coffee – (BA have Nespresso Machines – great when they work…
    …I do like tea, but loose leaf…I’m not a fan of being Tea-bagged…regardless being on a flight or in a restaurant or even at home…[/quote]

Without doubt the comment of the year so far on this forum — Priceless 🙂

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

teabagging on a plane may be the preserve of an entirely different type of (very exclusive) airborne club, where one would expect any request to be refused (and duly reported)

the original bagging comment is pure GOLD

cwoodward
    Participant

Looks as though finally the tea has gone cold !
    Now about cold tea…………………

PatJordan
    Participant

[postquote quote=1100059]

Don’t rule out cold tea…..older generations used cold tea bags to relieve sore eyes.

esselle
    Participant

Love the way this thread is “infused” with humour.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1100059]

the answer to cold tea is very easy – make barmbrack (Irish fruit loaf).

3 users thanked author for this post.

emilyakevin
    Participant

Usually, they are well-defined standards for Airlines. A cup of tea is served in economy class, how come it was refused in business class. Maybe, individual crew member mistakenly refused to serve.

cwoodward
    Participant

Alaskan a tea free zone !
    It seems that a cup of real tea is an impossibility on this airline as what is served is a concoction named Teavana “a premade tea in 6
    exciting flavours” from the well known tea shippers Starbucks. Sip that !

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 121 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls