Virgin Atlantic – refused a cup of tea in business class!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 121 total)

• Montysaurus
    Participant

Cucumber only has that effect if it is unpeeled – the skin is extremely indigestible and should always be removed. I suppose it is laziness that ended peeled cucumber. [postquote quote=1099401]

2 users thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

A properly prepared cucumber sandwich is always made with the skin having been peeled first. And the crusts removed, although we’re now getting into too much detail.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1099386]This discussion is taking a disturbing turn with all this chat about tea bags and cups —- Very disturbing indeed !!

Cups and saucers equals the ritual warmed pot with ideally tea leaves
    Teabags equals mugs akin to a builders strong brew
    Never the twain should meet[/quote]

@canucklad
    – are you suggesting Scottish T bags should have a degree of Independence, to decide whether they are left in or taken out??

5 users thanked author for this post.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Having been born and bed in the world famous Potteries, (Wedgwood or Doulton etc) a cup of tea is nothing unless it is in fine bone china. !!!

A pre warmed pot and loose tea and a strainer, certainly.

Mugs and tea bags, what heresy is this ?

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

OMG – a reasonable post about Virgin Atlantic and what they provide in Business Class has turned into a discussion about how to make tea and cucumber sandwiches.

All you frequent travellers have got too much spare time on your hands, ladies and gentlemen.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1099420]@canucklad – are you suggesting Scottish T bags should have a degree of Independence, to decide whether they are left in or taken out??[/quote]

Ahh Martyn, like the teabag it’s all a question of timing , and sometimes you can leave it in too long, making it bitter and undrinkable , a damn shame if its brewing in fine Scottish soft water.
    Having said that , you could argue that a perfectly boiled soft Scottish water with a fine English breakfast blend in a porcelain Doulton cup is the perfect union.
    Ultimately only time will tell

3 users thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Some of us do have a lot of extra time to fill. My next trip out of Scotland is not until 30/6.[postquote quote=1099436]

cwoodward
    Participant

[postquote quote=1099436]

I fully agree ASK1945 this thread has turned decidedly potty.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1099457]

I’ve found it quite stirring.

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

it’s steamingly refreshing to be a bit (tea)potty ……

not flown since the start of December (I can assure everyone that Qatar served tea, champagne and food on request during the 17.5 hour marathon, in the comfort of a secluded pod (love the Q-Suite))

DavidSmith2
    Participant

is now the right time to raise the issue of the BA afternoon tea and whether one puts on the jam then the cream, or vice versa?

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1099476]

Now is the right time. Jam first, obviously, of course, without question, needless to say, unquestionably.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1099529]

Am i complicating things if I say I would swap my scone for a scotch egg with some piccalilli?

jsn55
    Participant

How can one even think of jam first … cream first so the jam has something to hold on to. But then, I put cream in my espresso, so what do I know?

Montysaurus
    Participant

You’re obviously not a Cornishman.[postquote quote=1099555]

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 121 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls