Virgin Atlantic Little Red: VS3046 31MAR

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Shearer
    Participant

1. Luggage was not weighed and in fact is now 10kgs. Woo!

2. Photo ID was not required.

3. The coaches are parked at the bottom of the jetway so you so use it to disembark, but rather than continue to Flight Connections, staff stood and checked boarding card for onward Virgin flight and then you went down to the coaches.

SimonS1
    Participant

PegasusAir, rferguson – I know what you are saying, however it seems that all that will happen is Virgin will irritate the passengers that do the served. It may be the gate to gate is 1 hour but if the flight is 35mins the usable time is probably nearer 20.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello rferguson

As you say, UK domestic passengers are more value-conscious than those flying international routes so some form of catering is important.

In Super Shuttle days, BA served a continental breakfast on LHR-MAN so catering is possible in normal circumstances.

Details of Super Shuttle catering in the 1980s:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XoAPN2uf4qo/TEytRZDceYI/AAAAAAAAA0A/v9eJcbAoh_Q/s1600/BA+supershuttle+88+2.JPG

AcademyOfRock
    Participant

Here’s my report on the inaugural flight http://humandynamics.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/richard-branson/

VintageKrug
    Participant

Nice report, AcademyofRock.

I shall pull together some thoughts on my recent trip later in the week!

Globe_trotter
    Participant

rferguson,

I fly between LHR and MAN fairly regularly with BA and am always impressed by the speed with which the crew serve the refreshments. But I remember one trip where the flight attendant left one of the small drinks trolleys in the aisle while she returned to collect something from the galley and, since we were still ascending, the whole trolley fell over. Even though I was splashed with tea and coffee (fortunately only a trouser leg), I felt very sorry for her (she was in tears as we disembarked) and for some of the other passengers closer to the incident who were pretty well drenched!

I received a personal apology from the purser with the offer of a dry-cleaning voucher which I declined since I was en route back to Seoul where I was working at the time…

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls