Virgin Atlantic joining Skyteam – what “new routes” can you envisage?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

Good to see VS go to Male – this is very much their kind of route and surprised it took them so long to go there.

But the Providenciales route is a surprise, however makes sense as upon investigation the routing will be LHR – Providenciales (PLS) -Montego Bay and then back via PLS. PLS will certainly attract people wanting to be in the front of the plane making the route rewarding I am sure. An example of how a tag can save slots, reduce costs and serve different markets.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Maldives sounds like a bad idea (much like any EU carrier flying to BKK these days) as between the MEB3, at least EK and QR, they own the Maldives market. Whilst I admire VS venturing into territories, given their fiscal challenges, they’d have been better advised to launch into more premium bus-leisure cities than MORE holiday resorts.

cwoodward
    Participant

Given their loyal upper mid market holiday customer base I suspect that they can lure customers from EK and QR on the route without too much difficulty.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Details haven’t been officially divulged …

but according to reliable sources VS will operate a seasonal service to Male (Maldives) effective October 22, 2023.

There will be three flights a week LHR-MLE.

I realise the launch date is far away and bookings are not yet possible but I thought I ought to let you know.

Changes are possible.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Looks as though VS *may* never return to LGW.

At today’s conference CEO Shai Weiss confirmed that its impending membership of Skyteam would provide better connectivity with AF which operate at LHR (and not LGW).

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/virgin-atlantic-chief-all-but-rules-out-return-to-gatwick-37287

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller November 2022 edition
Business Traveller November 2022 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls