Virgin Atlantic has now partnered with Air France

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Gasto
    Participant

If you are a gold or silver member level you should now get the following benefits on air France

“Travel on any Air France operated service in any cabin class and you’re welcome to enjoy:

Priority check in, bag drop, security and priority boarding, regardless of the cabin you’re flying
    Take one extra piece of hold luggage on top of the brand allowance, as well as priority baggage handling
    Priority transfer desk
    Air France lounge access or access to a partner lounge for you and one guest. Find out which airport lounges you can access”

I tried to access the lounge at CDG 2E yesterday and was told this was not true, went to the Air France desk who said the same thing, tried to ring both Virgin and Air France but could not get any answer from either of them. Why have good companies stopped answering the phone!!!

So if you are thinking of booking with them so you can use the lounges I would try and check to see if anything has changed.

The Air France cabin crew were great though

1 user thanked author for this post.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Hi Gasto and thank you for your post. Its a good point you make.

I think if airlines are not members of an alliance there will always be complications and misunderstandings by both customers and staff over who is entitled to what.

I have said this before on this forum but I do not know why VS does not join Skyteam. The are owned/run by Delta (more or less IMO) and are partners with many Skyteam airlines, however, if you wanted to fly east on AF or KL you would not get the points etc.

Things would be far more transparent that way.

If VS joined Skyteam I would chose to fly VS and other airlines in the alliance more.

1 user thanked author for this post.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

You do earn points now on AF/KL with a Virgin membership. Been the case for a while. and AF/KL members earn on VS.

They now also share the same corporate mile programme (Blue Biz)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls