Virgin Atlantic gets new uniforms from Vivienne Westwood

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

What IS it about this week with airlines & big-name fashion designers?

First it was China Eastern’s new uniforms designed by Christian Lacroix (Lacroix, darling, Lacroix!) and now Virgin Atlantic gets new uniforms by Vivienne Westwood!

http://www.ausbt.com.au/virgin-atlantic-gets-new-uniforms-from-vivienne-westwood

Thanks SteveJohnsonInOz – we also have a news piece on this here:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/vivienne-westwood-to-design-new-virgin-atlantic

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

Thanks BT, as before, i was looking at your Asia-Pacific site and didn’t see your own story there or I’d have not posted this link to AusBT (as I know you guys are a bit touchy about them, being ‘the competition’ and all that).

Thanks SteveJohnsonInOz – if the story isn’t on our Asia-Pacific site, it will probably be on the UK site, and vice versa.

As I say we don’t automatically share stories across as there are editorial teams in both regions and they will make a decision as to what stories they feel they should be running.

But I appreciate that the forum runs across both sites, so we’ll just let you know if you haven’t seen a particular story on the UK site.

openfly
    Participant

If Virgin spent as much time and money on improving the cabin service as it spends on its uniforms then they might be in line to get it right. They don’t seem to realise that they need to brush up their service. Upper Class is poor quality and has been for a while. All their priorities are wrong.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Interesting background video to this…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7fSptXfPto

MarcusUK
    Participant

I agree with openfly.

Virgin Companies are terrific on Brand and image, but substance lacks when you are signed up or receiving the service. My last flights were atrocious with them sadly, and with friends and colleagues finding the same, i do not use them anymore.

A different uniform will not change the attitudes, improve the food quality or presentation, or stop unhygienic practices on board. They have all the hard products lounges etc, but the poor quality of their staff is letting them down in recent years.
    I see them much more as a leisure Airline, and not dependable on service or experience. I have let go of my Gold card membership with them, and switched my business and leisure to another Airline.

However, Vivienne is a terrific character and quite suited to creating something original for the Airline, and herself is a true British Icon.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

A colleague has just written to Old Beardy complaining that after flying thirty six sectors so far this year, he is yet to encounter a single member of cabin crew who looks anything like the ones in the ads!

I’ve told him it’s all over promise and under delivery but he maintains the girl of his dreams will turn up one day! Somehow, I doubt it.

judynagy
    Participant

I cannot imagine a bigger waste of money than new “livery” for the crew. Painting airplanes ranks right up there as well. Note to Airlines: WE DON’T CARE.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls