Virgin and the appeal Vs IAG

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

sparkyflier
    Participant

If Virgin cared so much about slots and providing competition, why did they CHOOSE to lease out slots and not provide services themselves?

What do you all think?

dutchyankee
    Participant

I agree with you sparkyflyer. I do believe it is just Branson being Branson. He is the king of publicity seeking, and I feel nothing will come of this latest rant, except making some lawyers even richer.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Its a bit RICH if you ask me.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

From what I understand Lufthansa has not managed to offload either bmi Regional or bmibaby as yet. I mailed Willie W to suggest that he gives bmi Regional to Virgin. This together with the 14 slot pairs SRB has said he is going to purchase will enable him to set up a shorthaul airline in competition to B.A.

LeTigre
    Participant

That’s actually a really good idea.

However, the BMI Regional slots have been transferred to Mainline so that will not allow LHR expansion.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Great idea .. let Virgin have bmi Regional & bmiBaby.

SRB is behaving like a kid in his pram throwing out his toys.

He’s let his airline (49% SQ owned) decline something chronic.

transtraxman
    Participant

BRANSONĀ“S BLUSTER BEGETS BASHING FROM BRUSSELS

Under title …..
    “EC hits back at Virgin Atlantic over Bmi claims”
    ….ABTN has published this today.

http://www.abtn.co.uk/news/1717240-ec-hits-back-virgin-atlantic-over-bmi-claims

SRB should avoid spending uselessly on lawyers in an appeal which will not be decided upon for two years and invest the money in the 14 slots BA has to give up at LHR.

I agree with ImissConcorde but it is highly unlikely Willie Walsh will do SRB any favours.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls