Virgin Airlines Gatwick/Orlando Route

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

RAPPE
    Participant

Can any one tell me how much longer it will be before the fleet on this route will be updated? I was told almost two years ago that it would be in the next 12 months yet there is still no news on this front.

There are always so many people using this route that I have concluded it is treated as a poor relation to other routes getting updated aircraft. This is because it has a captive audience of Disney holiday makers so it can keep it as status quo.

Upper Class is very small and the Premium Economy seats are not very comfortable. I would like a bit more modernisation as I am not travelling to party or go on holiday but need to fly to Orlando. I don’t want to use use alternate routes to get the modern comfort.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Well, BA does fly direct to Orlando from Gatwick using 777s.

If you are usually in Upper Class, then http://www.newclubworld.com should suit you, though Virgin’s Premium Economy is probably better than BA’s.

Usually costs about £1200 for an advance, sale fare, though it seems you are flying there for business.

RAPPE
    Participant

Thanks for BA details. I do sometimes use BA as well. But primarily it is Virgin flights in order to utilise my collected air miles. So I still will appreciate learning about VIRGIN’s news on expected modernisation dates for premium economy on this route.

I escape from economy on both BA & VIRGIN due to this route largely serving package deal holidays for families and therefore not very restful experience.

Tim2soza
    Participant

While http://www.v-flyer.com/chance.asp won’t tell you when planes will be upgraded, it does tell you which aircraft (down to tail numbers) and in which seat config are used for this sector, and how often.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Virgin also has a fleet of new A330s on order,w hcih should be delivered in the next 2-4 years, though one can never quite tell if this will happen as VS is often more form over substance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls