View Seat Plan Before Booking

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Does anyone know how to view a vacant seat map on BA flights before confirming a booking – without having to call BA reservations?

Thanks

LuganoPirate
    Participant

You could try expertflyer.com, though when I had a look the following message appeared: ” BA doesn’t allow seat selection until 24 hours before the flight in most situations, as such available seats do not indicate available tickets. “

So not really helpful but I suppose it gives some indication!

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

I thought if you payed you extra you can chosse you seat when you book?

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

I thought if you payed you extra you can chosse you seat when you book?

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

As a silver or gold card holder you get free seat selection at anytime but the seat plan isn’t visible until you have booked the flights

PierreNYC
    Participant

Expedia or Travelocity will let you see the seat map availability of a particular BA flight before you book.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Many US carriers allow you to see the available seats before confirming which flight you want to book.

If only BA would offer the same option. Still charging for the seat depending on what level of Executive Club one had achieved, it would be great to see seat availability PRIOR to booking a flight.

continentalclub
    Participant

It’s true that Expedia.com and Travelocity.com do offer links to seat maps at the pricing stage (note specifically the .com rather than .co.uk suffix), however quote requests on both sites for random Heathrow-Hong Kong British Airways flights seem to result in a ‘no seat map available’ result from the links.

Expertflyer remains the best solution, at a few dollars per month – it shows seat maps fairly reliably for flights more than 24 hours from departure, with the exception, occasionally, of some domestic services.

pinstripes&airmiles
    Participant

My corporate travel reservation system is linked directly to AMADEUS. I appreciate not every organisation or individual has access to such a system, but it may be worth checking if your company does have such an arrangement.

Through my corporate reservation system I can gain visibility of seat availability prior to completion of my booking. I would caveat that with: its not available on all services (its never available on KLM/AF or LOT short-haul services in Economy – where it is in short-haul Business) and with BA I do notice that I get a better choice of seats when I log in on ba.com after making my choice during the reservation process on AMADEUS

RichHI1
    Participant

Sometimes if you look at the flight using the US versions of Expedia or Travelocity you can see the seat map showing available seats. For some reason only some BA flights display seatmaps. But worth a try.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls