Vietnam travel advice please (VISA)

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I have a trip to Asia next week, which will now include Vietnam. This is my first visit for a couple years. I am looking for some advice on:

1. The online visa – can someone direct me to a reputable web site to apply on line for an entry visa

2. Previously it was necessary to book flights first then apply for the Visa. As this will be a last minute trip, am I able to apply for the Visa without having booked my flights (from BKK). I will only know 48 hour before hand if I need to go…At the point of applying for the Visa I will know my travel dates +/- 2 days…

Thanks

WillieWelsh
    Participant

Martyn, you don’t currently need a visa.

http://vietnamembassy.org.uk/index.php?action=p&ct=Notice3

rjhcambs
    Participant

We have recently bought Vietnam visas using info from fco.gov travel. This will direct you to all relevant Vietnamese consulates and I guess this would include BKK. in London you can get same day visas. However we only needed visas because our visit was going to be over 15 days. The rules changed last year so that for less than 15 days you no longer need a visa. All info is on fco.gov and their link to Vietnam consulates.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks, so its just an airline ticket + nothing else. No more green sticky labels in passport?

Tramor01
    Participant

Hi Martin
    I spend a lot of time in Vietnam.for work
    It depends on when you are going to be there – Up until June 30th UK citizens don’t need a visa for entry into VN – so long as the visit is for less than 15 days

It has yet to be decided what happens post June 30th – I’m currently in limbo as I’m due to fly to Hanoi on July 2nd so currently waiting to see if I need to start getting visas again

MartynSinclair
    Participant

It will be in May.. probably back end of next week.

Steptoe
    Participant

It is true you currently do not need a visa.
    However, if you leave Vietnam and then try to renter within 1 month then you will need a visa
    My last trip to Vietnam was last month. My first entry, no visa was required. I then spent three days in Cambodia. When I then reentered Vietnam I needed a visa because of the second entry within a month

Hope this helps

Swissdiver
    Participant

Flying as well to Vietnam on July 2nd, but to Saigon. So highly interested in any latest development…

Swissdiver
    Participant

As a Swiss, this is what it seems I have to do, currently:
    http://www.vietnameseembassy.org/vietnam+visa.html

Steptoe
    Participant

If entering through Saigon you can get a visa at the airport. Before you go through immigration their is a visa office on the left. Cost is 35USD.

stevescoots
    Participant

As others have posted UK holders do not need a Visa or Visa on arrival at the moment. I was there about 6 weeks ago and this is how it was, just go to the immigration counter as normal. I will also be going back end of May to Hanoi and HCM

goalie11
    Participant

I can also confirm what has been said before, particularly the points on; 15 days for UK passport holders; potential June 30th cut off date; returning within one month; and the visa booths.

I travelled through Saigon four weeks ago and no visa required. It was a painless exercise, off the Etihad flight, through immigration and had my luggage waiting for me in baggage reclaim area all within 20 minutes.

goalie11
    Participant

One other thing, make sure if you are staying less than 15 days that you have either your return ticket or a copy of your itinerary showing same.

AsiaChad
    Participant

As others have mentioned. UK passport holders can enter for 15 days, but you need to remain out of the country for 30 days before entering again. Make sure you have a return ticket. Just arrive and go through immigration at Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls