Video Review: Malaysia Airlines Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

I was lucky enough to fly with Malaysia Airlines on their new & modern 737-800 plane from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur recently, and made a video review to share the business class experience with you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C99BH6Fw1K0

This was a short, 750 mile flight that let me try MAS’ newest business class seat. The flight left a quiet Bangkok airport – there were four separate OneWorld lounges that we had access to, so whether it was quiet because people were spread around them or because passenger numbers had been affected by the recent troubles I do not know.

The plane itself was great – very clean and in tip-top condition, with Boeing’s new fancy Sky Interior which provides mood lighting, increased headroom and swish cabin bins. Certainly it was a world away from British Airways’ increasingly unloved-for 737s.

The business class cabin had a fixed 4 rows, laid out 2 x 2. The seats were a decent and comfortable size for a day flight – but wouldn’t be something you wanted to sleep on.

Non-alcoholic drinks were offered before take-off, and a reasonable hot meal served soon after take-off. Annoyingly, there was a wait before the accompanying drinks were served – I wish airlines would leave the foil on their hot dishes to stop the food getting cold whilst you wait!

Before we knew it, we were descending in to KLIA – a very efficient airport, with our bags delivered right on schedule (the delivery time is advertised on the baggage carousel) and priority bags coming off first.

Overall, a very decent flight with no major complaints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C99BH6Fw1K0

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls