Viability of a continental Europe route to Las Vegas?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

sparkyflier
    Participant

On a recent thread that was in this site yesterday (which has since disappeared altogether it seems!?) a poster detailed his experience flying Delta from Prague, via New York I think, to Las Vegas, in Business Elite.

His experience was pretty negative and he was disappointed, especially considering how much he paid.

He probably had the older cradle style product, not the flatbed used on the 764.

He then asked this forum what sugggestions members had for getting from Prague to Vegas, which resulted in some saying Virgin (although only from LGW) and some suggesting BA, with an easy connection, immigration free, at Terminal 5.

Which made me wonder if any of the European airlines would consider flying there non-stop.

BA are doing VERY well on the route, having upped capacity from 772 to 744, and now also starting 772 from LGW. As the LHR flight is late afternoon, 4ish I think, I am sure this is designed to capture lots of European (and Russian!) transfer traffic to this destination, which is both a business and leisure market.

So do you think a route from FRA/ZRH/CDG or AMS would work? capturing traffic from all around Europe and beyond (Middle East/Gulf).

I doubt AF will try, as they are consolidating, and are pulling out of the Orlando market I believe (very different I know), but I reckon an LX/LH 340 at least 4 times a week could be very lucrative indeed. . .

What do the non UK based members here, LP, FDoS etc, and other think?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think Condor flies from Germany…?

JohnHarper
    Participant

I think we can all be sure that if LH or AF percieved there to be a market with sufficient yield, it would be being operated.

Is there really sufficient premium traffic? I’ve always thought of it as rather a bucket and spade destination which reflect the fact that Condor do indeed operate it rather than LH.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Well I think there must be premium traffic, BA upgraded from a 3 class 772 to a 4 class 747 for the extra F & J traffic. This is very much a corporate destination too, for conventions/ conferences and people who fancy an treat which is somewhat “escapic”. Also Vegas is part of the California/Nevada holiday circuit, San Fransisco, LA, San Diego.

Perhaps it is on the EK map for future growth, or even TK!

RichHI1
    Participant

Not sure it is viable in the current climate. No US carriers offer non stop service to UK or Europe (Too close to LAX I suspect). Given the German predilection to travel I would think LH is the most likely as an upgarde from Condor. Maybe with a nice new 748i….

Bucksnet
    Participant

The topic was “Delta Airlines Business Class :(” and was found here: –

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Delta-Airlines-Business-Class-%28

but seems to have been deleted from some reason.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Thank you Bucksnet. As you say it was deleted. Someone had sadly sworn in it, which was unfortunate and not needed, then the post and subsequent posts were edited, and then the whole thread disappeared.

On the Delta offering though, I think their newer product is quite good, but sadly this is not yet on all European 767 routes. Anyway I hope that poster got good advice and ideas to think of going forward.

Hi – we’re looking into where the Delta thread has gone – it certainly wasn’t deleted by myself or Tom. Hopefully just a bug which can be rectified – please bear with us.

Mark Caswell

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls