Very useful iphone/android apps at various Airports (?)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

SwissExPat
    Participant

Another forum post complaining about Gates being announces as being at “Final Call” when boarding not having even started made me realize just how luck I am that the application I use every time I depart Zurich airport is available to all.

The iphone app is on my iPhone. I launch it and choose the flight I am on (usually in the next 24 hours) and ask for it to send me messages about updates etc. It applies to all flights not just the major carriers. I believe I need to have a wi-fi signal to get these messages.

Then when I am on the train going to the airport, I get a data message on my phone saying “Flight XXX has a new gate, B22 etc”

I am usually in the lounge when the next message which is “PAX are advised to go to gate B22 etc”. I usually emain in the lounge until the next message.

After a coffee etc and about 30 mins before departure, just as the monitor in the lounge changes from “Proceed to gate to “Boarding”, my phone vibrates and says “ready for boarding”. This coincides with the gate staff actually starting the boarding since I was once seated at the gate as it happened.

I usually board last and often as I am walking down the airbridge, another message arrives saying “Gate now closed” (which is often useful since I know that I can usually choose a different seat since no one is behind me)

More often the “gate closed” message arrives when I am in my seat.

Then, on occasion, even before the captain announces there is a delay to the take off time maybe due to a slot/ATC restriction, I sometimes get a message saying “Flight BA xxx has a new take off time of xx:yy”

Using this app (which is free) has made my travelling through ZRH so less stressful and I long to have access to such an app in all airports, Th ekey seems to be that it is provided by the Airport Company and is driven by the overall flight control system.

Anyone else have a similar recommendation elsewhere ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls