Verifly app doesn’t recognise my EU covid cert?

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Music
    Participant

Verifly app doesnt recognise my EU covid cert? Any ideas why? it says ´´invalid code´´ when I use the QR camera in the app.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I don’t know why. There are a lot of problems with the app.

Review: the Verifly App

Though some have made it work.

VeriFLY Actually Does Work (Amazingly)

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I got a mail about an hour ago from BA telling me I could check in for my flight from Accra to London tomorrow evening.

The documents I am supposed to provide are my vaccine status, my passenger locator form and proof of my 2-day PCR test on arrival. But Verifly cannot verify the Ghanaian vaccine certificate and it is not capable of recognising that as an international diplomat I am exempt from completion of the locator form. Nevertheless I have a negative pre-flight PCR test result from yesterday and a booking for a PCR test on Saturday but these cannot be uploaded as they are not included in the ‘verifly’ process. As a result, BA will not let me check in.

I appreciate I am a little unusual (a view my wife would strongly endorse) but the whole point of a sophisticated app is that it should be able to handle a wide range of situations and clearly Verifly is not yet up to the job.

Hopefully all will go reasonably smoothly when we attempt to check in in person tomorrow evening and that no one has nabbed !A and 1B which I have reserved.

2 users thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

David, you may have read that about a month ago I spent a good couple of hours uploading all the documentation required (then) to travel to Singapore much to my annoyance as it wasn’t an easy task, only to find when I arrived at T5 the check in person asked for all the hard documents and when I told her that I had uploaded them all to the app she smiled and told me that they dont have access to the app at the desk, so my strong advice is just take all the documentation with you in hard copy and present it them at the desk……….. Good luck!

6 users thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

I have flown to and from Greece and then to and from Israel during the last 8 weeks. The Verifly App would not let me register the relevant documentation for any of these (4) flights and I was unable to check-in online for any of them, also.

At TLV one of the desks had a sign over it “Verifly check-in” but the desk person told me that she didn’t understand why it was marked as such as she had no facility to use a Verifly for a passenger, and had to go through exactly the same process as I had just had to do.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I have never managed to make it work, but I live in hope, and will try again the next time I fly.

But, of course, ‘Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results’

6 users thanked author for this post.

jjlasne
    Participant

WTF!

jjlasne
    Participant

“This is, this is the Modern World” would sing The Jam in November 1977.

Bryan
    Participant

I have used Verifly successfully several times for flights GVA – LHR BUT have never succeeded for the return flight LHR-GVA as LHR does not exist on the list of departure airports and seems to only work for flights inbound to the UK!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Verifly worked perfectly well for me. That said, at check-in in DUB, the agent (Swissport for BA) didn’t trust it and asked to see my PLF and my Covid certificate…

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

Never got this app to work…. or the PLF where you can also not upload the certificate. On the PLF it does say that it will not upload if there are more than one QR code. Double jabbed vaccine certificates have 2 ! I’ve travelled twice since Sept and never managed to uplaod this on the PLF, just tick the box saying I will have them to show if necessary, No one checks anything at LHR on both trips… nothing. Plane to baggage belt in 10 mins. Maybe I’m just lucky.

lostantipod
    Participant

They should rename the app WOFTAM.
    I’ll let y’all google that.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FormerBA
    Participant

I flew to Greece in the summer and BA asked for the very easy to complete Greek PLF to be uploaded. This was simple and a few hours later online check in was authorised.
    Returning from Greece verifly worked very easily and very quickly but We all had to stand in the same huge queue to checkin. The ground staff were aware of verifly and accepted it.

It is not used ex LHR for ShortHaul.
    Ground staff don’t need any special equipment to use it, just some training that a green tick means the passenger is clear to travel.

I don’t know why BA don’t use ex LHR. I was due to fly to Germany and verifly can be used by both AA and Aer Lingus passengers on direct flight to Germany but not BA

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It’s strange about Verifly and Germany.

I found the same problem when visiting there at the beginning of September, pointed it out to the gate staff and they said they would report it, yet three months later it seems not to have changed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls