VAustralia Discounts…-50%!

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

Interesting VAustralia venture, the New full service Airline from VirginBlue Down under. For a leisure travel more perhaps, certainly worth a look.

http://www.vaustralia.com.au/in-flight-services/index.htm

They have a sale at the moment with very good -50% off on some premium fares.
    Using their new 777-33ER aircraft, they have premium economy as well as Business class, & with some similarity to Virgin Atlantic.
    It seems Branson really is encircling the globe with his Groups of Airlines…and he has a good stake in AirAsia, i had not realised!

Whilst they have some limited routes with Melbourne origins, they feature LAX, starting for JNB, Fiji, & Phuket in Thailand. Connections are through Virgin Blue that service all major Aussie cities. Its not a bad way out of Australia, with prices very high at present, & capacity being reduced by major players TG & SQ.
    I searched for a Premium Economy & Business fare from Sydney connecting through to Melbourne (other cities available). In the sale these came out at approx £420, or £580, for business! hats a very good fare, 40% of other Airlines up to Asia.

Always willing to try new services, & support those Companies that are innovative & fresh (As I did Etihad when they started!) The 777-300ER’s are brand new, Malaysian Airlines Lounges are used by them- very high standards.
    If you do connect through from another city their was no fare different on my searches. This means though i go through Melbourne, my connection in Premium economy on VirginBlue from SYD is free. That’s a good deal for the distances Involved.

It means i get a few days rest on a nice Island before taking Malaysian Airlines back via Amsterdam to LCY (KLM), to avoid LHR (with a deliberate daytime in Amsterdam).
    Malalysian also had great deals from BKK/PKT through to Amsterdam & LHR, at approx £990 Business class one way, via KUL.
    If you buy & start from KUL, this is increased to £2,300+!
    I also found 1st class for £1,600!

Perhaps these are the times to be a little less conventional on routes & Airlines, offering greater value. Certainly for travellers to Australia, mostly leisure, this may be an interesting consideration.
    Perhaps going via South Africa also to Sydney, will become an easier route, which in turn will link Virgin Companies across the Globe!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls