Vagaries of BA ticket pricing

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

The 10% shareholder discount does apply to ex-Europe fares, as I only just booked one myself last week.

I have also been upgraded to F twice in as many years on a shareholder ticket; I don’t doubt that priority goes to Premier/Gold Card and full fare payers, as it should, but a shareholder booking certainly does not exclude one from the upgrade pool, and indeed I have had cabin crew come up and thank me for investing in BA (though I’m not certain the annotation s/h still shows on the manifests or iPads) and so “on the ground” it can have a positive effect.

David
    Participant

Thanks Scandinavian – you’re absolutely correct, Thai gives the best and shortest option from ARN and I flew this route on my last trip to Sydney.

I particularly enjoyed the 747-400 “First Class” seating to BKK and the A330 service from BKK onwards was the new fit!

Unfortunately Thai (I book myself online), for the timeframe I was looking at (and I was somewhat flexible), offered a price of 45,000 SEK whereas I was able to buy a ticket through BA at 38,500. I wouldn’t mind paying a slight premium (say 2000 to 3000 SEK more) to take Thai but felt I just couldn’t justify the extra 6,500 SEK.

Oh well…maybe next time!

Thanks again for the information.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

key to the ex-Europe fares in terms of efficiency are down to:

1. outbound UK and first leg of the ex-Europe – I always aim for the first part of the ex-Europe to be the return leg of the UK – Europe starting point. That way, no need to book an overnighter.

2. deal with any checked baggage issues, i.e. no need to take your bags with you to the European starting point

3. make sure your final sector is changeable so it can be used as a first sector for next trip.

I have what I believe is a great system for ex-Europe fares, it works for me and does not involve any hotels or extra flights that I have to pay for.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls