Vaccine passports, proof of vaccination – ready for when borders reopen?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

• pilot1500
    Participant

Just checked IATA and since the last time I looked, it is no longer about 8 airlines, it is now about 20 including some major big hitters.

ghlotus
    Participant

Maybe… but the IATA system does not seem to require vaccination. Only secure certification of negative PCR test.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Re woodyhoo. There must be a medical forum elsewhere to discuss gene therapy and its ins and outs.

transtraxman
    Participant

“58 travellers with false Covid-19 test certificate caught at Brussels Airport last week”, (Aviation24.be 27-4-21)
    The infringers are offered a spot fine of €750 or the alternative of going to criminal court with the possibility of up to five years in prison plus a maximum €2000 fine.
    These measures sound like the correct ones for these antisocial travellers risking the spread of the Covid-19 virus. On the other hand somebody, no doubt, will be making a lot of money from forging these certificates. I hope the Belgian authorities are as diligent in dealing with them as the passengers who have been caught. What measures, if any, exist in other countries?

58 travellers with false Covid-19 test certificate caught at Brussels Airport last week

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BBC reported yesterday that ebay finally removed sites offering sale of the NHS vaccine cards given out at point of vaccine. The hand written cards were available to buy for just £5 each. It shows how desperate countries like Spain are if they are willing to accept the handwritten NHS info cards as proof of vaccine.

I know there is a lot of opposition to vaccine passports for overseas travel, but surely each country has the right to decide who they let in, as much as each UK citizen has the right to decide whether they take the vaccine or not.

I am still grateful to DerekVH #1094464 for mentioning the highly credible proof of vaccine on the NHS app, a version that may now be used by the UK for an official vaccine passport.

canucklad
    Participant

Thanks for the above transtraxman — Any distrust, suspicions or uncertainty of authenticity arguably threatens all potential /future documentation ( digital or otherwise) and needs to be robustly dealt with now.

With no light at the end of the travel tunnel , vexed would describe my mild state of irkness at how incompetent and slow our governments have been at coming up with a solution to travel safely and seamlessly .
    Frustration and anger at those same governments is beginning to grow as that light in the tunnel grows brighter.

I find the arguments for and against different varying certifications and rights to passage based on privacy intrusions baffling. Collectively , and pretty much globally we’ve allowed our private lives to be scrutinized and manipulated for profit by tech companies that have worryingly grown more powerful than our legislators.
    Similar to UEFA / Premier League complaining about the “Greed” of the proposed European Super League !

I’d challenge our politicians as to why they were unable to multi-skill , multi-layer solutions whilst we were all stuck at home. The incompetence of our Scottish government I’m sure is mirrored elsewhere. Scotland’s Clinical director being interviewed on this subject pretty much admitted that work will begin on “ coming up with a prove of vaccine documentation/ passport type of thing” when travel restrictions are eased. What’s the point of easing restrictions to travel , if what we need to prove we’re able to travel doesn’t exist ?

I’ll finish with this point, Amazon, Facebook , Apple and the other tech companies have made enough money from our collective suffering this last year to be able to fund and distribute to us all a globally recognised secure Covid bio metric passport .

4 users thanked author for this post.

DerekVH
    Participant

According to the Daily Mail the NHS App, or a version of this, is going to be the official UK Covid Passport.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9519719/Holidays-Spain-UKs-popular-overseas-destination-unveils-plans-welcome-Brits.html

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s correct. We mention it in this one closer to the bottom

Airlines issued with 630 fines over incorrect Covid-19 paperwork

It will be a big challenge. My vaccination does not show in the NHS app, but my wife’s does. It all comes down to the Surgery, how you booked, and whether they have uploaded the result into the app. If they haven’t, then I imagine it has to be done manually.

1 user thanked author for this post.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

As far as I know, neither Scotland or N. Ireland use the NHS app. What then?

Montysaurus
    Participant

[postquote quote=1097541]

We in Sturgeonland have to stay at home.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Indeed, as do we who now need the DUP to concentrate on matters beyond themselves, BUT, one assumes things will change after MAY/June/July 17th????

PeterCoultas
    Participant

As usual, a typical half baked government plan. Just try to get your details of vaccinations from your surgery… what a laugh. And why do I have to carry a mobile that someone would love to steal.. Oh, and by the way I’d love to know that my vaccinations have worked and that I’m packed with anti-covid antibodies but where are the NHS tests for this..?

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1097541]As far as I know, neither Scotland or N. Ireland use the NHS app. What then?[/quote]

[quote quote=1097544]We in Sturgeonland have to stay at home[/quote]

And i’d suggest its a cynical ploy to remain tougher than the rest of the UK for longer. My patience along with most of my friends stretched to the limit as frankly we’re being treated at best like eye rolling teenagers and at worst boisterous little boys. I’d like to think that Scotland politicians and Pandemic expert advisors have devised a positive forward thinking plan to get our tourism economy back on track —- Including a travel certification programme that stands up to long term scrutiny from the get go .

Sadly , our “lets wait and see what happens” approach seems to be here to stay

[quote quote=1097529]My vaccination does not show in the NHS app, but my wife’s does.[/quote]

Case in point , nada up here– Englandshire already ahead of the process

DerekVH
    Participant

[postquote quote=1097529]

Initially my vaccinations appeared in the NHS App > View Your GP Health Record > Immunisations, now more detailed information is showing in the Medicines > Acute (short-term) medicines section.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Only concern with the NHS app and web based online, is the inability to print off the vaccine confirmation (currently) with name and address and vaccine data. Very important for passengers who do not use apps or a smart phone and for borders who require a paper version.

Hopefully a suitable printed version will be available on full roll out.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls