Using BA Avios to LAX in F or J

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

nissefalk
    Participant

I am about to book a redemption ticket using companion voucher to LAX late October and back early December, would prefer F or J but right now only WTP available,

Any advice on if I should wait to book and see if any F or J seats will become available closer to departure or should I grab WTP seats now.

FirstTraveller
    Participant

It seems that LAX is one of the toughest BA destinations to grab an award seat in J or F. Try SFO for the time being. When you are close to departure date check again if there are any opening.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

its a chance, but try an ex Europe departure in case allocation is different..

TravelWise
    Participant

It is indeed a chance to take. It can really depend on so many factors, mainly seat availability as you get closer to the date.
    One example, I am booked to go to NYC later in April. When I first looked, about 5 months ago, it was only WT or WTP or to fly with AA, available with Avios. I have kept tracking it and in the last 3 weeks they have released many flights with J and F but I notice that they have only released 1 seat on each flight.
    If you need only 1 seat it can be a better chance for you but you could be left leaving it very late.

nissefalk
    Participant

Thanks for the tips, I am flying from Sweden, does not look like allocations where different from GOT compared to LHR, pain to find seats from GOT to suitable connections from LHR onwards though.

As I am very flexible with dates and destinations so I called BA and got F seats into Houston and WTP out of Phoenix, will use separate one way redemption on AA to PHX after a couple of days in Texas and skip LA this time

Looking forward to try F on BA, hope I get new F seats on the 747.

TravelWise
    Participant

Well done. Enjoy F!! It will be a lot different to WTP, that’s for sure.

neilsoaj
    Participant

I’ve tried also – if you can get any seat I would take at the moment

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Try for an A380 flight if you can on the LAX route:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelvideo/10329207/Inside-the-British-Airways-A380.html

Or the 787 to Austin, Texas.

nissefalk
    Participant

When I originally did this booking there where no seats in Club on the return leg from PHX-LHR, today I checked and Club seats where available so called BA and got the J seats at 25,000 Avios extra for 2 pax, and then the nice surprise when selecting seats online, this is one of the destinations with the old 747 First seats sold as Club so managed to secure us 2 seats in old First, not a bad spend of 25k avios…..

Papillion53
    Participant

Nissefalk – that’s great news, enjoy – I quite like the old F cabin and seats, the ones we have been in were clean and in good shape. Have a great trip. 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

excellent value..

If you are concerned about the food offering, you can create your own “F” experience by purchasing some delicious food from one of the many food outlets in T5..

Enjoy the flight…

superchris
    Participant

I am officially confused. When I look for availability from a european point (say AMS) there is indeed more availability from AMS than LHR. It seems to warn you that you can only use your companion voucher from a UK point, then allows you to use it anyway.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? Can you do it or not??

BigDog.
    Participant

Further to @MS 17/09/2014 11:23 GMT

Although previously suffering from adverse hygiene reports, both Heston B and G Ramsay offer what appears to be quite an appetising carry-on picnic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/11101681/Heathrow-launches-worlds-first-on-board-picnic-service.html

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I was thinking more along the lines of the salads from Pret :))

My favourite is the Salmon teriyaki !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls