using Avios for Avis car hire

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

travelwell
    Participant

has anyone used Avios for car hire via Avis and do you know if the avois points include extras such as a child car seat ? and is it worth it as for 2 weeks in italy they are wanting around 100,000 points which is enough for a club world flight somewhere…

Travellator
    Participant

Cheapest Club World flight over £ 2 K – Car hire has to be a lot cheaper than that unless its a Bugatti !

travelwell
    Participant

cost for 2 weeks small ish car in Italy is around 90-100,000 avios points a rip off in my opinion.

FrankFlyer
    Participant

They tried to charge 50,000 for a 3 day hire with me using the smallest car. Interesting fact for everyone, I checked the price using BA website, they wanted 169 BP, then I checked using Avis.co.uk, they wanted 220 GBP then I checked using Avis.it, they wanted 90EUR so I booked it through the Italian webiste. You do need someone who speaks a bit of Italian to guide you through the on-line booking but a serious saving using the local website.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls