User expeiences with BA's OnBusiness (FF program for businesses)

Back to Forum

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TimFitzgeraldTC 1 Oct 2018
at 12:06

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I set up an On Business account with BA a few years ago (I control a small Ltd Liability Company hence am eligible). I never really bothered looking into the benefits although I always entered my number into BA bookings etc.

Now, I received an alert saying that some miles built up in the account were due to expire on 31 dec 2018 so I logged into the account.

It seems that I am able to use these much like avios and was able to book a 1 way to London from Europe for 1,000 onbusiness points plus a nominal €30 (in Y). I have 8,000 to “use or loose” before year end!

More surprisingly, the same flight in C was 5,500 point plus €30.

The avios amounts are not directly comparable but the jump from 1,000 to 5,500 for Y to C seemed to be much more of a jump than when using Avios.

Anyone have any experiences using OnBusiness Points?

I’ll definitely keep a closer eye on these in future.

WearyWeagie
    Participant

Hello SwissExPat,

We have a BA on business account and while I havent seen us use the points for anything, I know that we can get BA Bespoke fares for some routes at discounted pricing. Eg. I often get the travel agent to book one of these fares for my trips to India where the BA Bespoke Premium Economy fare is cheaper than the published economy fare. I get personal miles but the company doesnt get On bussiness miles.

I dont administer the system so dont know too much about this but the travel agent told me that BA offers these bespoke fares to try and stop On Business members accumulating too many miles. They said that BA calculated if all the On Business users cashed in their miles at the same time they wouldnt make any money for a year!

Just what they told me but worth looking for BA bespoke fares if you can find them.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I have also an OnBusiness account and once a while I book tickets or upgrade with points. The process is very similar to Avios bookings as you could probably experience. So I see it pretty much in the same way. And if I am not wrong, we get personal tier points when using OnBusiness reward flights. So all together, it is pretty good.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi Swissdiver

You don’t get personal Tier Points on a BA on Business redemption booking if booking outright with points. If upgrading you get Avios and Tier Points as per the fare paid.

It will sometime show before travel that you will earn Avios / Tier Points in Manage My Booking – but they won’t get the credit after travel – it will show as zero.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls