Useless Email from BAEC today re missing Avios

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• seasonedtraveller
    Participant

“I’m afraid we are unable to complete your claim for missing Avios & tier points on the following flight”

MH0704 – KUL to MNL

“Our records show that you have already been awarded points for this flight on another FF programme. Please check your statements of any other programmes of which you are a member”

Well, that’s interesting because:

A) I have no other FF memberships in ‘One World’.

B) My only other FF programme is with SAS, part of Star Alliance

I would be interested to hear from BA (I will call them in the morning) just exactly what it is the their records show and where my missing Avios have gone?

rferguson
    Participant

I had a similar issue when crediting QR. Oddly I was credited the outbound normally but refused the inbound.

Called Exec Club. Very nice lady explained that it is the airline you fly on that provides the refusal info. Asked if I had any boarding passes (I had digital ones in my passbook). Emailed them and had the points credited within 48hrs.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I always wonder why airlines ask for copy boarding passes. Surely they can access through a locator… even if its another airline within the same alliance..

JKL
    Participant

I have a vague recollection that that’s the message that comes up if you try to claim miles for a redemption flight (which I did once, having forgotten I’d used miles rather than cash to pay for it).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I also wonder why BA ask fro your flight number and date of travel when you write in about one of their flights. Why on earth can they not get these details from the locator.. which you are asked to supply…

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Just to be clear – It was not a redemption flight.

What I find odd is the claim that “our records show that you have already been awarded” etc.

How can their records show that I’ve already been credited via another FF programme when I do not have another (One World) FF programme?

Ekond222
    Participant

…SDT just persevere…I had a similar discrepancy on Cathay F sector HKG-LHR a few years back and more recently on a J sector on Royal Jordanian…mind you at least BA exec followed up and got it resolved, unlike United via Singapore Airlines – just gave up after the 3rd email…

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=805363]…SDT just persevere…I had a similar discrepancy on Cathay F sector HKG-LHR a few years back and more recently on a J sector on Royal Jordanian…mind you at least BA exec followed up and got it resolved, unlike United via Singapore Airlines – just gave up after the 3rd email…

[/quote]

Actually, I just realised that they didn’t credit the return sector either, I had missed that Email…… Persevere, I will (I’ll call them tomorrow).
    Cheers

TominScotland
    Participant

seasonedtraveller

I have had this issue with crediting MH miles to BAEC before and it turned out that the problem was with MH rather than BA in that their error credited the journey to my (non-existent) MH FF programme. It took persistence but was resolved in the end…..

Chris in Makati
    Participant

I recently booked an Economy class ticket on MH which didn’t qualify for earning mileage. A few days before the flight I paid extra to upgrade to Business class. MH still refused to credit me miles on the grounds that the original ticket didn’t qualify.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

It doesn’t help that MH don’t use the same booking system as BA (who use Amadeus) – which is why MH PNRs only have five letters instead of 6

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls