Useful email addresses for a serious BA complaint?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

• TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Yup, it’s been a month and I still haven’t been reimbursed for the Marriott Hotel in Costa Rica charging my card for the full cost of a week’s accommodation, even though this was booked and prepaid as a BA holiday.

BA admits it was a hotel error and has made repeated promises that it will be reimbursed by the hotel, but there has been excuse after excuse and I have been forced to pay the Amex CC bill. Yes, I should have raised a chargeback instantly. One is being raised after 14 July, this being 28 days after BA first admitted the error, though why it could not have been done instantly, I know not.

I want to raise Cain. I want to send an email to three different honchos at BA and/or BA Holidays to get something bloody well done. It is utterly outrageous that I should have to double for a holiday, even more outrageous that there should not be an immediate refund once the error has been acknowledged. And I’m a BA Gold Card holder and Marriott card holder, to boot.

Can anyone offer some good contacts so I can get things moving?

capetonianm
    Participant

Write (as in envelope …. stamp …) etc to
    Alex Cruz
    CEO
    British Airways
    Waterside House
    PO Box 365, Harmondsworth,
    West Drayton, UB7 0GB

His email address is : [email protected]

He won’t see, or even care about, your complaint, but it will be dealt with by someone a lot higher up in the food chain than the script-readers in the call centre.

If I can find you the number for Newcastle customer services I’ll post it here. I wrote it down somewhere a few months ago. If you call the normal number and insist politely but firmly, they will put you through to NCL.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi TOH2
    I’d second capetonianm’s suggestion , and I’d go further take time to send the letter registered mail
    It means that someone will be just a bit more accountable at BA’s end.

What difference it’ll make …… probably hee haw, but you never know !

My registered letter to Lord King years ago, eventually ended in a reasonable response from BA.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Thanks. Will do.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

[quote quote=871757]hey will put you through to NCL.[/quote]

What is so special about Newcastle?

Charles-P
    Participant

“What is so special about Newcastle?”

Hank Marvin, Sting, Mark Akenside – the list goes on 🙂

capetonianm
    Participant

Newcastle is the main UK customer service centre, and if you ring that number you actually get through to someone in Newcastle who is at a much higher level, not someone in New Delhi!

It’s one of the few divisions that they have have not (yet) outsourced.

Sssshhhh …..Better hope Cruz doesn’t see this or he’ll realise he could save a few pesetas by outsourcing it!

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Hm. Well, I’m a Gold Card holder and I don’t think I’m dealing with India. Very English voices on the phone.

Latest news: The Marriott has said that it has made the credit card refund. Amex says they haven’t.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

TOH2

Have you asked AMEX to chargeback?

Showing them the BA invoice and the Marriott invoice would at least get you a refund pending the results of their investigation.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=871760]I’d second capetonianm’s suggestion , and I’d go further take time to send the letter registered mail[/quote]

I’d go one further, not only send it registered, but also with a proof of delivery request. Costs a bit extra but when/if they deny ever receiving your letter you can show exactly who and when it was signed for.

esselle
    Participant

Canucklad

Small, but important, difference….Lord King was a gentleman.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=871760]My registered letter to Lord King years ago, eventually ended in a reasonable response from BA.[/quote]

Years ago you would get a reply… from an airline led by a leader, supported by a leader, both who understood, passengers make profit…

1 user thanked author for this post.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=871822]

My registered letter to Lord King years ago, eventually ended in a reasonable response from BA.

Years ago you would get a reply… from an airline led by a leader, supported by a leader, both who understood, passengers make profit…[/quote]

Trouble is, being nice and thinking only of customers does not automatically make an airline, or any business, profitable. Last year 3 of the nicest European airlines to fly on, with great customer service and good product, all went bust. Monarch, Air Berlin & Nikki. The airline that used to be the least customer friendly, Ryanair, goes from strength to strength financially.

openfly
    Participant

BA Gold card 0800 number goes through to Didsbury Manchester. If you ask for Gold Card Customer Relations then they connect you to Newcastle.
    So many people are writing to Senor Cruz that all the Gold Card emails are going directly to the folks in Newcastle for action. I doubt that Cruz is interested in feedback anyway….passengers can be such a nuisance.
    We now need Alex Cruz new direct email address!

capetonianm
    Participant

passengers can be such a nuisance

Working in the airline industry would be the greatest job in the world if there were no damn passengers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls