USA travel question

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

I wonder if anyone out there has had the experience to answer this. I am a US citizen but vaccinated here in the UK with the AstraZeneca vaccine which, if I understand correctly, has not yet been officially approved by the US. I am wondering if I will still escape quarantine when I go because of my double vaccination or if the fact that it was AZ will muddy the waters. Has anyone been in this situation ?

toonfan62
    Participant

Looking at the various web sites (and living in Orlando where International flights have just restarted though not direct to the UK) I don’t see any quarantine requirements and certainly no mandatory hotel quarantines. To be honest it’s worse than any other time in the pandemic – particularly here in Florida – so there is MUCH more risk of catching it in the US than bringing it in from the UK. I am currently deliberating over whether I should go “home” next month to the Toon or more likely delay until Q1 2022

AZ is not currently approved in the US which will, in time I predict, muddy the waters but at the moment the waters are so opaque no one here can see their ___ from their _____ (fill in the blanks!). Fortunately the J and J IS approved by the EU so the UK will accept it for me as being fully vaccinated

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Ian

Joseph
    Participant

The CDC website states the following:

* This guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines. This guidance can also be applied to COVID-19 vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford). See WHO’s websiteexternal icon for more information about WHO-authorized COVID-19 vaccines.

So looks like you are ok with AZ

3 users thanked author for this post.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Many thanks for the feedback – looks like my trip should be fairly trouble free – apart from numerous PCR tests and mask wearing, but that is the today normal.
    Appreciate the feedback.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2021 cover
Business Traveller September / October 2021 cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls