USA travel question

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

I wonder if anyone out there has had the experience to answer this. I am a US citizen but vaccinated here in the UK with the AstraZeneca vaccine which, if I understand correctly, has not yet been officially approved by the US. I am wondering if I will still escape quarantine when I go because of my double vaccination or if the fact that it was AZ will muddy the waters. Has anyone been in this situation ?

toonfan62
    Participant

Looking at the various web sites (and living in Orlando where International flights have just restarted though not direct to the UK) I don’t see any quarantine requirements and certainly no mandatory hotel quarantines. To be honest it’s worse than any other time in the pandemic – particularly here in Florida – so there is MUCH more risk of catching it in the US than bringing it in from the UK. I am currently deliberating over whether I should go “home” next month to the Toon or more likely delay until Q1 2022

AZ is not currently approved in the US which will, in time I predict, muddy the waters but at the moment the waters are so opaque no one here can see their ___ from their _____ (fill in the blanks!). Fortunately the J and J IS approved by the EU so the UK will accept it for me as being fully vaccinated

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Ian

Joseph
    Participant

The CDC website states the following:

* This guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines. This guidance can also be applied to COVID-19 vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford). See WHO’s websiteexternal icon for more information about WHO-authorized COVID-19 vaccines.

So looks like you are ok with AZ

3 users thanked author for this post.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Many thanks for the feedback – looks like my trip should be fairly trouble free – apart from numerous PCR tests and mask wearing, but that is the today normal.
    Appreciate the feedback.

cybertravller
    Participant

I travelled to the US and have been vaccinated with AZ for the first two and Pfizer for the 3rd. Apart from the travel attestation and proof of vaccination, there were no issues. I believe the requirements for PCR testing have been scrapped.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jon Arnold
    Participant

I’m a UK citizen, double vaxxed (not boosted) with AZ and had no issues entering the US back in May. Needed a neg lateral flow test result, but testing is now scrapped. So I think you should have no problems.

Visa Express
    Participant

Visit Non-U.S. Travel for more information on recommendations and requirements before, during, and after arrival in the United States. Non-U.S. citizen Air travel to the United States for immigrants: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/emergencies/covid-19-faqs-for-travel-to-the-us-information.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls