USA-Europe Premium Cabin one-way fares

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

One-way Business & First Class fares from the USA to the UK/Europe are generally expensive, particularly for direct services. I’m looking for a good, reliable (and cheaper!) source for these types of ticket.

Other than getting somebody else to pay, any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

perfect to try and use spare points… I frequently need single tickets and find airmiles / avios perfect… May be not from your first choice airport, but moving around the states to get to a departure point is not that difficult or expensive… even 1 way..

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Don’t think they are reliable given what I’ve heard on this forum but Norwegian Airlines do offer good value o/w fares to the US.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

Thanks, guys, but, ‘airmiles’ aside, what I’m really seeking are decent prices on the likes of BA/AA/UA/VS/DL etc – indeed, any of the well-known carriers on their direct routes from the major cities in the US to the major capitals of Europe.

There seem to be many warnings about the use of ‘dummy coupons’ so, surely, someone must have access to regular one-way tickets at a reasonable cost?

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Easy enough if you have a partner who wants to fly an inbound to the UK on a “one-way” basis ….they need to check in for you but then (courtesy Home Secretary May) you can fly outbound from the UK with no problem…

Sadly other countries have better systems!.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

passport and ticket names are checked at all departure gates. Would not suggest anyone tries flying on a ticket not in their name….

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Agreed about the risk but, sometimes, try Leeds and, earlier this year LGW

MrMichael
    Participant

I think flying on a ticket with somebody elses name on it is highly unadviseable. If you get as far as the aircraft door and not via the local nick you will have done well. If the flight does depart and it is then found out you are likely to have the flight diverted to nearest airport and hauled off, and rightly so, you will be considered a threat to the aircraft. On top of all that, heaven forbid the plane should be in an accident, how the heck are they supposed to inform the correct next of kin. Bloody stupid idea.

SimonS1
    Participant

Ridiculous idea, ignore it.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

This was common in the good old days. Remember all the Aussies on Haymarket I think looking to buy respectively sell the return part of their Apex tickets. Alex no more!

I think Carajillo the only way is as per Martyn’s suggestion or just paying up.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

It’s a tough one, I know. I was hoping someone would produce the name of a consolidator in the US who had access to some decent fares.

I’ll keep searching….

Cheers!

conc001
    Participant

You can buy a z class return and not show up the the return leg. So long as you do not do this to often will be fine.

I would expect to pay around 1200 with delta who are always cheaper.

Matthew Poole

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I’ll ask a colleague who has set up on his own (backed by a US TMC) as he mentioned he gets access to US nett fares, so might have a one way deal. Any particular route?

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

Thanks, Tim. that could be very interesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls