US travel bans lift?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Swiss restart flights to JNB on June 19th, but I’m not sure how this will work if the borders are still closed or you have to quarantine for 14 or 21 days?

shakeel
    Participant

Flights are resuming but I don’t recommend it since spikes of new covid19 cases are showing up in every state.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Virgin are delaying the resumption of UK – Orlando route due by at least a month or more, due to spike in cases in Florida. (also resumption of Shanghai route has been delayed)

Interesting to read EU are considering travel restrictions for ex-US passengers into Europe. I presume the UK’s view once self isolation quarantine is over will remain that passenger numbers coming in from the USA will make no difference to the UK infection rate.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Martyn, you could be right.

However, another train of thought could be that Virgin have delayed the launch date due to the fact there is no end date from the US authorities as to when UK & EU citizens will be allowed back into the US.

There appears little point in running flights to a destination popular with European tourists if said Europeans are not actually allowed in.

It always seemed premature to announce a date of flights resuming to MCO, without having a clue when the US travel ban will be lifted.

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

and unfortunately Orlando(MCO) is not one of the 14 airports authorised for the arrival of persons from outside the US. Locally there is substantial growth in the rate of infection and if you were contemplating coming to Florida I would advise that you think hard, twice before committing. Safe travels

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1001146]There appears little point in running flights to a destination popular with European tourists if said Europeans are not actually allowed in.[/quote]

I think there are quite a few European destinations open for UK nationals to visit. The longhaul position is far from clear. Apart from a few island holiday destinations, i am not sure that any UK carrier (indeed any carrier) can carry any UK nationals ex-London, anywhere, as of 26th June 2020. Naturally, the reverse is still permissible for foreign nationals wanting to visit the UK.

I still cant see how Virgin/BA can operate flights economically between UK and USA, if non USA citizens are barred from entry into USA. I wonder what POTUS is going to decree next.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls