US Immigration preclearance now at Abu Dhabi International Airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

This seems to be just out! Nice move from the EY guys!

Now all Etihad Airways guests flying to select destinations in the U.S.A will have access to Abu Dhabi International Airport’s United States Preclearance facility located at Terminal 3.
    The new facility enables guests flying Etihad Airways to preclear the U.S. Customs and Border Protection formalities before boarding their flights in Abu Dhabi. Upon arrival in the U.S.A, guests will be treated as though they are domestic arrivals. Shorter connection times are possible for onward flights in the U.S., with your luggage arriving to the final destination.
    As the first facility of its kind in the region, guests flying to select destinations in the U.S can now look forward to more of our award-winning hospitality, and worry less about long queues. Experience an easier, quicker and more comfortable journey with the World’s Leading Airline* to Washington DC, Chicago and New York. Future US destinations will also benefit from the facility.
    For further information visit: http://www.etihad.com/uspreclearance.

Swissdiver
    Participant

The eventuality has been discussed. Now it is a reality.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

From exiting the plane at JFK, to being fingerprinted and photo’d and getting to the baggage belt, it took my son and I precisely 6’30″. Is this a record. Probably quicker than preclearamce!

SimonS1
    Participant

It opened a month ago Swissdiver. It was a reality when the original thread was started…..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just thinking, if someone is “wanted” in the US, but did not know it, would they be arrested and have to be extradited, or would they be considered to be on US soil and taken off in chains?

Swissdiver
    Participant

Interesting thought, LP. While I am it is probably covered by the agreement, I would expect them to let him board and arrest him/her upon landing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls