US Helicopter Suspends All Operations

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

How irritating.

Just booking next week’s NYC trip, and had planned to connect into Manhattan using USH.

Seems they are taking a few weeks “off”:

Notice of Temporary Service Interruption

We are temporarily halting all service as we regroup to add aircraft to our fleet and introduce new routes.

This ‘standown’ of service applies to our scheduled flights as well as our charter service. We plan to return to the skies of New York – a bigger and better airline – by late November.

For information on refunds for tickets you hold for future travel, please contact your credit card company for a credit or refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we look forward to serving you again very soon with our 8 Minute Airport Shuttle.

http://www.flyush.com

Senator
    Participant

Hum… I just took advantange of the Continental $59 one way offer from EWR for a trip on Jan 13th. Perhaps these rates are the reason for this “down time”. Simply no market, or revenue right now.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Hmm. Senator, I wonder as you had a reservation with them if you have been furnished any further information….?

They are not offering refunds, just asking you seek recompense from you credit card (which I assume means insurance).

With only 8 seats per aircraft and reasonably priced at $169 a ticket it does seem odd they were not able to drum up enough trade, but then my several experiences in the US this year suggest that they are faring even worse than the UK, especially in NYC.

Wiki suggests it is in financial difficulty, and I wouldn’t be surprised if USH will not be returning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Helicopter

Senator
    Participant

Dear VK,

I booked mine as code share with CO from EWR. I took advantage of a $59 offer. This has been booked by my travel agent here in Stockholm (Amex). However, my trip is not until Jan 15th, so perhaps they are back up by then. I scheduled the trip from San Juan, PR to connect with US Helicopter and I have been anxious like a child on Christmas to test this out.

Hopefully, your situation will be sorted, and this service is running again soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls