US Airways B767-200ER

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Put in service 1989, US Air has done nothing to refurbish the interior or seats since. Doubt management flies on this plane – embarrassment to the aviation world. Thought torture was outlawed by the Geneva Convention but doesn't seem to apply to US Air.

Very evident US Air has ignored this aircraft while the rest of the industry has marched forward. The interior was dim and very dingy, very narrow business class lie flat seats should be called no sleep seats (even sleep medication didn’t help), and the attendants were apathetic at best. Wood benches, a paint job, and a camp lantern would have been an improvement. The seats made funny sounds and were jerky when reclining (was waiting for the seat to go “boing” like in a Warner Brothers cartoon). Funny yet sad watching attendant uncoil and install power cables to run tablets to provide in-flight entertainment. Food was mediocre to poor at best. Seriously, avoid this plane at all costs, especially business class. My only regret is I have to tolerate this torrid experience for ten hours to return to the US.

Having traveled over a million miles around the world in business and coach, this was my worst experience. On a scale of 10, it was a minus 20. Public buses in foreign countries have better seats. Now I know why there were only 5 people in business class and less than 60 in coach.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user 187279 can be found here

RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

Really an atrocious airline. Did you manage to transit via PHL so you could also experience a dump for an airport as well?

I wonder if US Air will ruin AA like United did Continental.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls