Upper Class revamp?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

WilliamHenderson
    Participant

Hi

Am I imagining that I read this somewhere, but are VS doing a revamp of their Upper Class cabin during 2011?

Am flying UC to San Fransisco and back from LA in May, and wondering if anything will have happened by then.

Am assuming not but you never know!

Thanks

continentalclub
    Participant

BT reported this back in May:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/exclusive-new-onboard-product-next-year-for-vir

– but I’m not aware that there has been any further information released into the public domain.

Speculation that I’ve been party to has been to suggest that any tweaks to Upper Class will be minimal, as per the forthcoming refresh of the same seat as flown by Air New Zealand.

In any event, the delivery timeline mentioned in the BT article would tend to suggest that it will be a while before many aircraft carry the ‘new’ seat, and that at least initially the new aircraft will be deployed on a ‘leisure route’. Neither SFO nor LAX would fall into this category in marketing terms.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes, but only in their LHR based new A330-300 fleet.

The LGW A330’s delivered in March/April 2011 will not have Upper Class initially; I hope that changes.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Though the LGW A330s have now been confirmed not to have new Upper Class (seemingly because of certification issues…) when will the new Upper Class cabin be first available to fly on?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls