Upgrading with BA miles – is it possible with travel agent bookings?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

• Binman62
    Participant

Biggless….I really was begining to think it was just me….. On April 8th it was not possible to get a booking in the spa 3 hours in advance of the flight. My wife and I have endured this before and asked if T5B had space. They did but at -45 and -30 to departure. We booked it and went over there from the Concorde room with the kids.
    Needless to say whole experince spoiled when at -20 my name was called despite my wife being at the boarding gate with the kids.
    The Concorde room is lovely but the spa is laugable in all 3 loactions at LHR. It is generally undermanned and allowing any one with lounge access to get in, results in a pretty shabby experience for First Tickets holders.
    While I am in full flow….what is it with the toilets in the lounges which frankly seem to smell.
    T5 security in 2.5 mins…not in my experience even with Special Services sweeping the floor in front of me.

Not sure about others but whilst I like the lounges I really would prefer that as much effort and focus went on the inflight product where I will be spending up to 12 hours rather than 60 mins in the lounge.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

The Spa at T5 is a joke. Partly due to design, mainly due to the staff, The old Molton Brown Spa at T4 was superb, you could always get availability and the staff were well trained.

The times I have used T5, the vast majority of times I’ve turned up 3+ hours in advance and not been able to get a treatment. The last 3 times (out of approx 40 trips) that I’ve been able to, the staff are so badly trained, one actually slapped me around the face whilst giving me a facial. (before anyone asks, I had said nothing, my eyes were shut and I had done nothing to insult her!)

Complaint logged at the desk when I left, complaint logged with BA, will never use the awful Elemis spa again!

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls