Upgrading Travel Agent booking with Avios

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

dieselmuppet
    Participant

What’s the lastest thinking on how I can upgrade a booking made by our travel agent with my Avios. I have asked the travel agent but he says “no dice – BA won’t allow it”. I am guessing that is because the TA paid a low corporate fare.

I’ve been lucky recently and been upgraded at check in from WTP to CW based on the fact that Y had been oversold and I guess as a BA Gold card holder I was near the top of the upgrade list.

From what I can make out from ba.com there are still plenty of seats in Y and WTP so no chance of a BA induced uograde.

What should I do? Ring the Exec Club, plead at check in to use my Avios or am I wasting my time?

Any thoughts? Thanks

DM

coudntthinkofaname
    Participant

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, it’s just not possible. My recollection is that (in addition to the low corporate fare point) it has something to do with the fact that the TA has control of the booking up until T-24.

On a positive note, the BA Rep on Flyertalk has stated that BA plan on allowing MFUs on TA bookings during 2012 – so watch this space. (And when this does happen, you can be guaranteed there will be complaints left, right and centre that reward flights are even more difficult to find!)

C

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls