Upgrade with Avios

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

I am flying BA WT+ this weekend and tried to upgrade to CW online…not poss. If I phone BAEC, will they sort it out?

I have never upgraded with Avios and would be interested to know how others manage it?

Thanks

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Yes they can sort it out. I had this issue a while ago and they managed to change my flight and make the upgrade. Worth checking on the availability map first to see if there is availability in CW on the flight you want to take first of all.

Interestingly doing this, I was credited with Avios & TPs for a full CW ticket not a WT+ ticket. Don’t let too many people know about this!

Thanks Bath VIP, your second point was also at the back of my mind.

Senator
    Participant

keep in mind that Avios inventory must be available. Meaning you should check first if the segment you want to upgrade does have available seats for Club World redemption. Otherwise, your call is fruitless I am afraid 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

it may also be worth checking day of departure whether there are any upgrades for sale. it really depends on the route and the prices can be very interestingly good!

Good luck and let us know what happens..

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

If you call BA Exec Club they normally try to charge you £30 for the privilege of calling them and upgrading with them plus the fees. Everytime so far I have got this waived having explained that it wouldn’t let me do this online and that I had to call them – but not without them saying several times this wasn’t possible. Magically they always find another computer where they were able to waive the fee. So if this is the situation try and avoid this charge.

Good evening

Phoned my ‘local’ BAEC number. No availability in Club, not even between LUX and LHR.

Put in a good word for myself!!

Will save my Avios for a rainy day….

In a fit of madness I asked at check-in if I could upgrade to J…no problem. €650 o/w but only for longhaul sector. For some reason I could not upgrade LUX LHR. Substantial saving compared to nearly €2500 when I looked online yesterday.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Alexpo,
    Am in the same situation, with a full flight ahead. I was told that the best timing to try again was two days before the flight. Otherwise I’ll have to hope to be upgraded (full CW but not full First, so they might well do some operational upgrades).

Tim: When it is impossible to do it online, in general they waive the fee, at least for the Gold BAEC I am.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls