Updates on Business Class 2011

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

• NTarrant
    Participant

I had a look at RJ for a trip to DXB later in the year. Although £200 cheaper than BA, it requires an overnight in AMM. Might be different for longer journeys.

stevescoots
    Participant

I fly business LHR to Doh to HKG every month on qatar, average price £1550 + tax. first leg is ave 5.5 hrs, then 1.5 hr layover then 6-7 hrs to HKG ,depending on the weather. I have been doing this for past 3 years and apart from a couple of niggles (never choose row 7 on the 777, the power points dont work)

the last flight I took is 777 first leg which is full length layflat with massage etc. food as always is excellent. 2nd leg was the A330-200. while the seat is flat its still slightly angled a few degrees, but it has probably 12inches less legroom as well as less cubby holes for space.

The doha lounge is excellent however if the aircraft parks on teh east of the runway its a good 15-20 mins to get to the terminal, which if you have been late out of LHR as I was thsi time can make you sweat a bit on connection. however I havnt missed a flight yet and in the past they have delayed the HKG flight for people to get on. in LHR they use teh skyteam lounge which is ok, not fantastic but ok. can be a bit hard to get a seat sometimes, this time I had to ask someone to move thier bag as they her seat holding. he didnt seem too plaese about it!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Flying back with Swiss from JNB Friday night, I saw the new business seats. There seems to be much more working space with large arm-rests / tables but the seat to me looked to be the same size, though if it were an inch or two wider / longer that would be hard to see.

I fell asleep before I could have a look it they were really fully flat so cannot comment on that.

Interestingly I was told they will not put the new seat as found in First on the A330 into the A340. It seems after surveying their frequent passengers (I was never asked!) in destinations served by the A340, the popular consensus was the seat should remain the same and not be replaced with the new First seat.

I find this hard to believe as I thought the new F seat was amazing on my last A330 flight from NY, and especially the big TV screen.

I would like to add, that Swiss service was as usual outstanding, and the First Class lounge staff at ZRH were especially friendly and helpful.

I do like the fact the “Maitre de Cabine” comes and greets each passenger personally by name (don’t know how he remembers as he had no lists with him) and gives flight information etc personally.

How much better they are compared to Lufty where all the staff seem bitter and unfriendly and no-one greets you!!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I am looking forward to trying out Swiss – but only when I know that there will be a good chance of the new C seat.

From my perspective, being 5’7” and 73kg, my preference is for the flat seat not angled. The current seat size is not an issue,

I also find it somewhat amazing that a frequent passenger survey survey has persuaded Swiss not to update their F product. Perhaps the survey was among their frequesnt travelling internal audtitors!!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls