Updates on Business Class 2011

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

OUCH!!!

I see your point.

Best wishes, LP.

MickeyMao
    Participant

the first CX plane with the new business class and new upper class wil arrive this month and will start on the HKG – Australia route. Thereafter another plane with the same configuration will be delivered each month until order completion.

WilliamCooper
    Participant

Try Oman Air Business class, it is superb, i flew them Kuala Lumpur / London return, what a pleasant surprise, Do try them, you will not be dissapointed, I will only fly them from now on to UK.

esselle
    Participant

Recently flew HEL/BKK/HEL on new OY A330; excellent flat seats, and actually superb cabin service at a price less than half a standard fare over LHR.

stevemac
    Participant

Just flown Oman Air from LHR to BKK via MCTand back. the seats are probably the best I have experienced and are only 4 abreast on the A330 whilst the lounge at MCT is excellent. Very good value and Oman Air would be my first choice if they fly the route.

stevemac
    Participant

Just flown Oman Air from LHR to BKK via MCTand back. the seats are probably the best I have experienced and are only 4 abreast on the A330 whilst the lounge at MCT is excellent. Very good value and Oman Air would be my first choice if they fly the route.

stevescoots
    Participant

just used qatars 777 flats nice and big and comfy and tons of space around.

Cathays 747 is comfy too but a little tight on width, window is nice if you want a secluded feel

Papabear
    Participant

What’s the status on SK (Scandinavian) and seats in business? Are they also fully flat on all long-haul?

SenatorGold
    Participant

South African have flat beds on the A340-600 as do Air New Zealand on the B777-300ER and B747-400

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Re: Swiss

I am making a very late booking to BKK and thought I would give Swiss a go. I know the flatties are all meant to be fitted on the A340’s by mid 2011 – but is there anyway of finding out if the BKK route has been converted yet (in C).

Potakas
    Participant

Martyn,

I searched and found this:

”Bangkok, new Business class: daily from 02JUL11”

I found it on a forum (flyertalk) so I don’t know how accurate it is. Although the fact that they give specific date adds some credibility.

The link is :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10981670-post2.html

Regards

PS Here is a link of the new Swiss Business class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgZep97SLc

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi Potakas,

Many thanks for your information. Much appreciated. Will be giving BA a miss as they want over £3200 (nearer £3500). Finnair, will probably get my business again for this trip, unless there is another Flatttie out there on either Star or OW around the 2K mark.

I think the market will get a little more interesting once LH and Swiss are fully “down and flat”.

Have a great week.

Potakas
    Participant

What about RJ?

I have heard mixed reviews, they operate this route LHR-AMM-BKK with the new A330s . On the A340s they have fully flat beds but I cannot find any info about the A330s.

You will earn 480 Tier points on Business but this is not the case with you 😉

A dummy booking for 5th of April out and return on the 12th gave my a price of 2200 pounds full flexible (Business Super Flexi)

I cannot understand why the semi flexible fare costs 2900 pounds!!!!

In occasions like this (BA too expensive) I usually try to fly with different airlines just for the experience, it’s up to you.

Regards

EDIT to add:

”in view of the wide distance that separates the seats: 32″ in the economy class and 62″ in the Crown Class, where seats can recline to be lie flat. ”

http://www.rj.com/en/tabid/59/locale/en-US/default.aspx?itemid=231

”The ‘sleeper seats’ in Crown Class on our long-haul Airbus A330 and A340 aircraft recline to a flat 180 degrees for optimum sleep comfort. All recliners are equipped with large in-arm video screens and flexible reading lights and you can control all the features at the touch of a button.”

http://australia-arab.com/en/business-directory/item/107-royal-jordanian

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi, I usually stay away from stops in the middle east as it means 2 x 6 hour + legas as oopose to direct or a short europe hop + a long sector, good for sleeping.

HOWEVER – thye forum members are good enough to research and recommend so I should at least try a route that this one day.

Many thanks, I shall let you know.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls