Updates on Business Class 2011

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

British Airways, Finnair and Virgin all have Flat Bed (not wedgie or angled) offerings in busienss. Are travellers able to update which other airlines are now offering flat beds in busienss and on whIch aircraft?

I know that Swiss and Lufthansa are, or intending to introduce flat beds in business, It is stil confusing who is offering what as most airlines are reviewing.

Any updates would be useful to read.

AndyInSweden
    Participant

I know Cathay Pacific offer flat beds on the following longhaul aircraft:

B747(to/from Europe and New Zealand and maybe North America)
    B777(to/from Europe and North America)
    A330(to/from Australia)
    A340(to/from New Zealand and Europe)

SaveFLR
    Participant

Qatar Airways offers flat beds on 777W and 777LR: personally tested very good !

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Jet Airways 777-300 the best I have used as yet, even better than Club World and that is saying something.

Unwriten
    Participant

All Nippon Airways (ANA) 77W out of LHR and FRA offers flat bed in C. Layout is 1-2-1, just like SQ with a first class service.

Cathay Pacific should be rolling out its new business class offering, starting with an A330-300 on some HK-Sydney flights in March. So watch out for it. For more details, please refer to our previous reports:

http://asia.businesstraveller.com/asia-pacific/news/no-premium-economy-for-cathay-a-yet

and

http://asia.businesstraveller.com/asia-pacific/news/cathay-pacifics-new-business-class-seats-win-praise

Inquisitive
    Participant

All grade 1 airlines are now offering flat beds in business class in long haul (>8 hours). If you are now travelling and not resting on a flat bed type seat, then either you are in wrong airlines or totally out of touch.

SaveFLR
    Participant

Lufthansa is not a grade 1 airline …

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

Fully flat beds in J on all Qantas A380s. The 747 fleet will be reconfigured with them over a fairly lengthy period commencing later this year (currently QF 747s have slopey beds). QF A330s also have the slopey beds and no plan to reconfigure these at the moment.

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

Fully flat beds on V Australia’s 777s. These currently fly to LAX, JNB and HKT (though the latter two will soon stop) and then Abu Dhabi will be added to the list.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Swiss have flat beds in C on the A330-300 and I’ve heard they will be fitting them to the A340 from this Spring.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi Lugano.

According to the video on Swiss tonight, Shanghai will be flat from 10 March, and the whole 340 fleet likewise by early June. Good news indeed, for those of us who like our underwear to remain where we intended it to be…..

Regards,

Simon

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hi Simon, that’s good to know and I hope they fit the seats to the JNB flights soon.

May I suggest a solution to the “wedgie” problem? Go commando! 😉

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi LP – if one’s trousers are of the “baggy” variety, that wouldn’t solve the problem 😉

In fact, it would probably make it worse…..

S

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls