Unpleasant experience with Singapore Airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

jefrreylie
    Participant

I had a really bad experience with Singapore Airlines in this early month. When I checked in, I found my booking was cancelled.

I travelled with my family, totally 9 people from Hong Kong to San Francisco and return. When i depart from Hong Kong on 19 December 2011 I had reconfirmed my return flight which is 6 January 2012.

However, when I Check in for my return ticket, First they just found 2 out of 9 from my booking. Later, they said that they could not found my booking because I missed my flight. They said that my flight was 4 January not 6 January.

They told me to contact my travel agent. Then after I kept on protesting them, they let me board the plane in last minute. They also intimidate me with mentioning the police.

For your info, SQ1 flight from San francisco to Hong Kong is very full. They must cancel 9 people to let me board the plane.

I saw 4 people who had already checked in and got their boarding pass, got canceled. The check in staff called them and grab their boarding pass.

When I e-mail SQ, none of them care about my complaint, they kept on blaming my travel agent. Also they never apologize to me.

Please be caution if you travel with Singapore Airline.

Best Regards,

Lie

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Aww how sad 🙁 I take it you had a print out of your confirmation with all your flight details to show the checkin staff? what cabin where you all flying with also did you speak to your travel agent? Xxx

jefrreylie
    Participant

Absolutely! I had my print out of my confirmation. I flew economy class and i had also speak to my travel agent, but my travel agent found nothing wrong with my booking.
    My travel agent also told me that SQ scold them and blame them for this error.

StephenLondon
    Participant

Were you checking-in late? Or were you well in advance? If you saw four people have their boarding cards taken away, they were either standby customers or staff, who would have been given their boarding cards quite late in the check-in process.
    I have been subject to a random cancellation of my booking when flying SQ First from the Gulf to Singapore. When I bitterly complained to both my agent and SQ, they traced it to a rogue SQ agent in India who was up to something strange. Needless to say, my booking was reinstated and I flew without issue.

jefrreylie
    Participant

No I check in 3 Hour before. That four people got their boarding pass almost the same time when I came to the check in counter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls