United should be ashamed; making State and Military leave their pets

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

lgreenway
    Participant

I’m hoping by now that the CEO of United has heard the messages of disgust with the United’s decision to force all travelers with pets bigger than a toy to ship their animals cargo costing the travelers hundreds of dollars more and forcing people to take their pets to cargo facilities instead of checking them in at the desk. The horror stories of military families and State employees leaving their pets because they cannot afford to pay the thousand(s) or dollars to ship their pet as cargo. But also the frequent flier that accrued huge sums of points to use United exclusively and then find out that they cannot bring their pet as baggage in the baggage compartment for $250 or less. Having traveled with my dogs over decades with no problems whatsoever I do not buy this business that United’s choice of sub-contractor that supposedly does all this extra stuff to make the pet’s ride better is just bull………….Now we end up paying a handling charge on top of the airline’s ticket price for the pet. I’m talking this up as a lot of other folks in high places to state our complete disgust with this money-grubbing decision on United’s part………

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls