United sale?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hello all

Does anyone have any insider intel if United will be having a sale anytime soon? Need to book a few Pond hops and would ideal if I could save a few quid.

Many thanks.
    AOTG.

VintageKrug
    Participant

You’d probably get a better deal booking in the BA exEU sale:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-nl/offers/flights/business-class-sale?source=H01

Get your skates on, it ends tonight!

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

I don’t want to fly BA, I’m wanting to fly United ex EDI.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Is this still route a 757-200 with a lie-flat at an angle wedgy bed?

http://d2x7bgcht5w48u.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/UA_757-200_B.jpg

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

No.

SimonS1
    Participant

Showing your limitations again, VB. Keep looking for those fairies…

VintageKrug
    Participant

Unlike you, I’m not a planespotter, nor am I Scotch, so have not had cause to use that route.

United.com says it’s a 757-200…!

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

VintageKrug – 12/06/2013 20:54 GMT
    Unlike you, I’m not a planespotter, nor am I Scotch, so have not had cause to use that route.

Scottish.

superchris
    Participant

VK the picture you show is the new United lie flat business class seat, not angled lie flat. Very good actually, flown it from Doha to Washington a couple of times.

Yes 757’s operate out of the regions (and some LHR flights) in a 2 x 2 configuration.

Good afternoon AOTG

Is it definitely not a 757 from EDI? From Belfast it is, and thoroughly not recommended. I can’t comment on Business class.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hi alexpo1

It is indeed a 757, my “no” was in reply to:
    with a lie-flat at an angle wedgy bed?

I’ve used their business class a few times for across the Pond direct from EDI, to be honest the last time was a wee while ago though. The seating is fine, nice tv and all that too but I shall look at it with a more critical eye and report back next time I am on one (likely to be October but I am finalising plans)

The huge incentive for me is not flying LHR, which is not only because I hate the place, but also because when I get back from the USA I have to then faff around for around 4 hours between connecting/flying to EDI when all I want is to be home, this flight allows me hop on hop off service which is worth a whole load more to me.

But I’ve to book around 4 or 5 trips to various points in the USA and wondered if a sale was looming so I might save a few quid.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls