United lost luggage

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

sky0001
    Participant

I travelled from Dublin to Orlando via Newark on UA last Christmas with my family. We have small children so we handed over the stroller at the gate (aircraft door) and surprisingly it was lost.
    We spent a week at Disneyworld and had to use the expensive rental strollers everyday hoping that we get a call that UA has found the strollers…
    UA never found the stroller, we claimed the cost of stroller and asked for reimbursement of rental strollers.
    After waiting 8 whole months, we were told that they cannot reimburse the cost of stroller as we dont have a receipt (we purchased by cash 2 years ago but sent pictures of it with our children) and they gave us a $200 voucher to be used on UA only with a 1 year expiry date. After filling all sorts of forms with bank details, I was expecting to receive cash back but is this what it is?

K1ngston
    Participant

There is a moral for this story and I am surprised you didnt know it… never ever ever ever travel with United they are the worst airline ever!

Good luck with fighting that but youll never work or deal with a bigger bunch of neanderthals ever… Oh yes I have experience and to be fair I would rather walk!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

American Airlines told me that for travel within the USA, they do not have to replace cases that are damaged and lost and the contents need to be claimed within 7 days.

With regards to my missing bag that arrived severely damaged, they replaced my bag (all contents were checked and nothing missing) at MCO as a gesture of good will as it had originally arrived from an International destination.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I had the same experience as Martyn with US Airways – they said they are only responsible for damage to the INSIDE (!). As regards lost baggage, however, can you not produce the receipt for the new stroller?

canucklad
    Participant

Seems like an opportune moment to revive this musical tribute to United…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls