United Airlines B777-200 (Version 6) United BusinessFirst

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

frustratedflyer
    Participant

There were no queues at the check-in desk. There is no United lounge at LHR T4 so United use the Skyteam lounge near gate 10. It is quite a nice lounge but sadly it is at the opposite end of the terminal from where the flight was departing at gate 2.

Ten minutes after boarding was due to start they announced a delay due to the late arrival of crew. Boarding then began by priority order and as I was in Business I was priority one. Despite the late boarding the flight pulled back on time having had my jacket taken from me and had a newspaper, menu and drink offered. Strangely there were no amenity kits offered.

The crew were caught out as none were sitting down when the plane went to take off with one stuck in the toilet until the flight was airborne!

The drink and food service was quick and efficient. The food was Ok but the choice of sugar snap peas as a veg was not the cleverest. Snacks were available at the front of the cabin after the meal service. A warm cookie was also offered between meals and a chicken flat bread wrap, fruit and salad were served about an hour before landing.

Was sitting in 1D which was OK apart from being next to the toilet. The seat was comfortable, IFE good with good selection and screen size.

TominScotland
    Participant

I am intrigued by your comment about sugar snap peas. My experience of them is fairly benign (unlike some Forum posters and their antipathy to asparagus) so I wondered what they had ever done to upset you?

Wikipedia tells us the following about sugar snap peas…… You were not flying to Twin Falls, were you?

Snap peas (Pisum sativum var. macrocarpon), also known as sugarsnap peas, are a cultivar group of edible-podded peas that differ from snow peas in that their pods are round as opposed to flat. The name mangetout (French for “eat all”) can apply both to snap peas and snow peas.

Snap peas, like all other peas, are pod fruits. An edible-podded pea is similar to a garden, or English, pea, but the pod is less fibrous, and edible when young. Pods of the edible-podded pea, including snap peas, do not have a membrane and do not open when ripe. At maturity, the pods grow to around 4-8 cm in length, Pods contain three to five peas per pod.

The plants are climbing, and pea sticks or a trellis or other support system is required for optimal growth. Some cultivars are capable of climbing to 2 m high but are more commonly around 1-1.3 m for ease of harvest. Sugarsnap peas were developed by crossing Chinese snow peas with a mutant shell pea plant, which was done by Drs. Lamborn and Parker of Twin Falls, Idaho

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls