United Airlines B777-200 (Version 2) United Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

SamFerguson
    Participant

Was flying from Heathrow-San Francisco. Had heard horror stories about United’s transatlantic services so was apprehensive about flying them.

Check-in staff were very helpful, the queues were quite long but with the help of some Air New Zealand staff the United agents were able to help them move swiftly. The lady behind the desk asked me which seat I would prefer, Aisle, Window or no preference. I said window and she happily gave me 42K.

The boarding process was swift and organised, the agents calling the boarding forward in section by rows, and boarding was quickly over without any incidents or late comers.

The crew on board were very nice (although they had an average age of about 18!) and the flight departed dead on time. The seats were relatively comfortable, but do take some getting used to as they are rather narrow.

I was pleasantly surprised with the new IFE system which is all on-demand now, and has a fantastic range of stuff to watch. The actual service onboard was slow, but the crew were good, and the food & drink on board was plentiful, with the crew popping along the aisles with snacks and drinks every 20/30 minutes.

We arrived about 5 minutes late, and the baggage beat us to the belt when we arrived!

Very happy, definitely flying with them again, and recommend them to all!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls