United Airlines B777-200 (Int Config 1) United Economy Plus (mid and long-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

sjohnstonisawesome
    Participant

I flew on United back in March. I had a ticket on Economy Plus. I checked in online the night before and I didn’t have any checked luggage so I immediately could go to security and I was at my gate within 30 minutes of arriving at Dulles airport. The gate was crowded but well kept and clean. Almost 50 people had been upgraded to Business class because it was an International plane on a domestic flight.

From my experience, United does this a lot which is nice. Our seats were fairy far forward. Between Business Class and Economy. The airplane was newly renovated so it was very clean. Boarding took a very long time, about 30 minutes, so we were slightly delayed. After a extremely boring safety video, we took off at first in line.

The economy plus seat is just a normal economy seat just with more legroom. The service is the same just it comes a little earlier. The legroom is generous and I had no problem with it. The entertainment system was turned on from the minute we got on the plane. It was a new touch screen system. They had a good amount of TV shows but no big names for free. For a price ($5) you could buy extra programing which included TV shows such as the office, more movies, audiobooks, and ebooks. I didn’t buy this so I don’t know how it worked. The flight was normal and the flight crew was normal. Despite out late departure, we touched down right on time.

Our bags made it fine. In all, economy plus was definitely worth the price. It is only about $50 more than economy for a cross country flight.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls