United Airlines B767-300 (Int Config) United Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

BetteronaHarley
    Participant

We flew out of Zurich to Newark back in October, and although I was well aware of the merger between Continental and United, this was the first time on a flight operated by United, using United aircraft and crew.

Our tickets cost about 1000 Swiss francs each, and when I went to check in, they put us in row 34. I asked if we could sit a bit further forward in the cabin (like in the 20s’) and I was informed we would have to pay over 100 francs extra as that was an Economy Plus seat with more legroom. We opted not to pay extra and were stuck sitting in row 34, in seats that were so closely jammed together that when the people in front of us reclined their seats, the seat back was practically in our faces. It was horrible. Also, it was an OLD aircraft, at least 20 years old and the IFE was awful — screens so tiny that it was difficult to watch anything. The crew at least were friendly and professional.

On the return trip to Zurich from Newark, again we were stuck sitting in row 35 in those cramped seats which were useless for sitting let alone sleeping, in that same OLD airplane, with the tiny IFE screens. I always order a vegetarian meal when I fly and I got my meal out of Zurich, but out of Newark, they didn’t have it. I told the crew I booked my meal when I booked my ticket and I got my veggie meal out of Zurich. She asked if I’d confirmed it and I said no, I’ve never had to confirm it; as long as I check in for the flight, it’s always there. She asked if I booked through Continental and I said yes, and she said, Well, THIS is United, you have to confirm!!! WTF??? She offered me the pasta meal, which looked disgusting and I declined as I cannot eat pasta. They offered me NOTHING else to eat — not even some fruit or a spare salad or anything. I sat through a seven-hour flight without ANY food! The service was as appalling as their attitudes.

Needless to say, I will NOT be flying United again, not even if they offered me a free ticket. As far as I am concerned, they ruined Continental, which was pretty decent. They can shove their Economy Plus, their crappy service and retire some of those old airplanes along with the nasty old cabin crew members who seem to have forgotten what customer service is all about.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls