United Airlines B757-200 (Version 2) United Economy Plus (mid and long-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

frustratedflyer
    Participant

Check-in was swift at one of the self check-in desks. This was a day flight from NYC to LHR.
    Boarding started late and we pulled away from the gate just a few minutes late. My first reaction on entering the plane was just how cramped it felt. Being used to flying transatlantic on 777 and 747 this 757 felt very small, low ceilings and small storage bins. Crew did well to find homes for all the carry-on bags.

I was in the last row of Economy Plus in an exit row (21). The extra legroom made all the difference and the seat (unlike the plane) was modern and pretty comfortable.

A drinks service started shortly after take off and this was followed quickly by a food service (an early lunch)which consisted of a salad, roll, a chocolate crunch bar and the choice of cannelloni or chicken. I asked what the chicken was and got the reaction of why was I asking the question. I eventually got an answer and chose the BBQ chicken which was pretty good. Service on the plane was on the whole friendly but sometimes haphazard. On one occasion they forget to offer me a drink and on another the passenger next to me was not given her food tray.

There was a second meal service of a small wrap and a bag of crisps/chips. I skipped this as I has already eaten enough junk food.

The IFE was good with wide choice of films and a good size screen.
    We landed pretty much on time at LHR T4 and bags came out after a ten minute wait.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls