United Airlines B747-400 United First

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

LuisSanchez
    Participant

I flew from SFO to ICN. Boarding was the only bad experience of this trip but it was due to punctuality. Boarding was delayed at least 45 minutes but as a First Class customer, I was one of the first to board. There were only 6 passengers in first class and we were at the nose of the plane so there was so much privacy.

The flight attendants approached us by our names and offered champagne right away. Having been my first time on a first class on a 747, I was embarrassed to ask for a third glass. The flight attendant made me feel at ease when she said that 3 would be my limit (jokingly) because I was too young. However, the boarding process takes at least 30 minutes so there is not much to do other than drink champagne and snack on nuts.

Overall, great experience. All the gray plastic didn’t exactly make me feel like first class, but for United, it was as good as it got and I will take it. The entertainment was satisfactory because it had a lot of options but a little too slow to respond to changing channels, etc. I was able to watch 2 movies, play geography trivia and take a Chinese language lesson. The food was reasonable – I had steak for the first meal and pasta on my second. I’ve had better on an economy Singapore Airlines flight. But the wine selection was very good – I had an excellent 2008 Merlot.

However, the best part was my flight attendant Nancy. She was very nice, almost matronly, and made me feel at ease as I was flying alone. She asked about my travels and she personally thanked everybody in the cabin before we landed. My mother said she must have been from the PanAm era!

I would like to apologize for all those that were in my flight that didn’t enjoy it as much as I did.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls