Ultra short flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

• Anonymous

Deleted_User
    Participant

While browsing in the archives I came across:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/asia-pacific/news/five-of-the-shortest-flights-in-the-world

Here are some of my short hops:

Isle of Man to Belfast City
    Luxembourg to CDG
    Luxembourg to Frankfurt
    Palma to Ibiza
    Monastir to Djerba
    Casablanca to Marrakech (on a 747!)

Has anyone done this 2-minute flight between Westray and Papa Westray?

At the other end of the scale, my longest flight was 13 hours 35 minutes (take-off to touchdown) from Singapore to Heathrow. I think a health warning should have been issued for those of us travelling in Economy!

BigDog.
    Participant

Jersey Guernsey.
    Mahe -LaDique.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Singapore to KL is take 20-25 mins and amazingly they do some an inflight drinks service!

RogEdwards
    Participant

Carriacou to Union Island is about 3 minutes.

julmops
    Participant

I once did Stansted-Ostende with Ryanair in 23 minutes …

SimonS1
    Participant

Dammam to Bahrain – about 20 mins.

canucklad
    Participant

I’ve done GLA – EDI with Air UK. (Followed the M8 ironically)
    PIK-Derry with FR (most expensive per minute flight ever)

Best ever has to be Mombasa to Malindi with KQ. Very scenic indeed

Deleted_User
    Participant

@ edi-traveller

I now know where these islands are!

@ julmops

I love Ostend! And it was my first trip abroad at the age of 9 on the Dover Ostend ferry.

@ canucklad

I’m sure it was worth every penny! Hope you enjoyed Derry? Glasgow Belfast is also very short.

Further afield, I forgot to mention João Pessoa to Recife and Las Palmas to Laâyoune.

edinv54
    Participant

Benbecula (BEB) / Barra (BRR) with BE (operated by Loganair) Distance 32 miles in about 12minutes.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Bristol to Plymouth with Air Southwest (now defunct). About 25 mins. Suprisingly the city centre to city centre transit time was about the same it would take by train and price was similar.

Another short trip was Vancouver to Victoria in a Shorts 360 back in the 80s. Pretty certain this was about 15 mins.

My very first memory of a flight was from Lymn (now closed) to Ostend in a Dan-Air 748 which couldn’t have been that long.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

Longest flights for me – LAX – MEL (I think was 16 hour) and SIN to both LAX and NCY – about 19 hours (and i think the longest commercial flight you can do!).

Shortest flight I’ve done – Nadi to Mana Island (Fiji) – 4 minutes!

SimonS1
    Participant

Lydd to Le Touquet – 20 mins. Still operates at weekends.

canucklad
    Participant

Simonhb…. Derry was great. Stayed at the Tower hotel. Meant I was in some interesting places (pubs) with accompanying craich.

Including a lock in that I didn’t realise had happened. Neither did I realise my fellow drinkers smoking habits were of a humourous brand!

After my FR experiance of last week,the less time you spend on board the better value for money it is! Will complete my review next week!

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Cologne-Frankfurt, between 15 and 18 minutes, by LH
    KUL-Ipoh, 15 minutes, by MH
    Bayreuth-Hof, by NFD, suspended in 1990ies, 8 minutes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls